cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duggy
Novice

OpenCV and GStreamer Error when trying to run through video on Raspberry Pi 4

Hi,

Am trying to run the Intel OpenVino Multi Camera Multi Target python demo on Raspberry Pi 4.

Have installed all the requirements (I believe) but when I run the script I get the following warning and therefore no video is processed. 

[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (2041) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: your GStreamer installation is missing a required plugin
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (2057) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module uridecodebin0 reported: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1034) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (597) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created

Any assistance or guidance in this regard would be most helpful.

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Duggy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please make sure corresponding GStreamer plugins (gstreamer1.0-plugins-good, gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad, gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly) are installed. You can have a check by executing the following command:

apt list -i | grep gstreamer

Also, please try to install ffmpeg with the following command:

sudo apt install ffmpeg

On another note, to run multi_camera_multi_target_tracking_demo.py, --m_reid command is required. However, all these person-reidentification-retail models are not supported by VPU.

Intel’s Pre-Trained Models Device Support is available at the following page:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.4/omz_models_intel_device_support.html

Regards,

Wan

Duggy
Novice

Hi @Wan_Intel 

Thanks for the reply apologies for the late reply, gave up on Raspberry Pi. Returning to it now.

With regards to the VPU with reidentification, does this mean that the NCS2 stick will not support/assist reidentification (on PC or Raspberry Pi)?

Thanks

Wan_Intel

Hi Duggy,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided suggestions. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@Duggy The table referred by @Wan_Intel  explains which models supported on listed devices (CPU, GPU and MyriadX). The reidentification models (person-reidentification-retail-0277, person-reidentification-retail-0286, person-reidentification-retail-0287, person-reidentification-retail-0288), according this table, were successfully validated on CPU and GPU, but not supported on MyriadX.