Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVINO 2019.1.114 on Ubuntu 18.04

McDonald__John
Beginner

Hi,

Is OpenVino 2019.1.114 compatible with Ubuntu 18.04?

I have just installed OpenVino 2019.1.114 on Ubuntu 18.04 but am having problems running some of the sample applications. The two demos (i.e.demo_security_barrier_camera.sh  and demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh) run ok, but when I try to run anything else I keep getting the following error:

[ ERROR ] Cannot make shared blob! The blob type cannot be used to store objects of current precision

This is from models downloaded using the downloader.py. For example I have tried running the pedestrian tracker demo using the person detection and retail models as explained here: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_inference_engine_samples_pedestrian_tracker_demo_README.html

with the following output:

$ ./pedestrian_tracker_demo -i ~/Downloads/P1033658.mp4 -m_det /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/tools/model_downloader/Retail/object_detection/pedestrian/rmnet_ssd/0013/dldt/person-detection-retail-0013.xml -d_det CPU  -m_reid /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/tools/model_downloader/Retail/object_reidentification/pedestrian/rmnet_based/0031/dldt/person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml -d_reid CPU
InferenceEngine:
    API version ............ 1.6
    Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R1.1_28dfbfdd28954c4dfd2f94403dd8dfc1f411038b
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
Loading plugin CPU

API version ............ 1.6
    Build .................. 23780
    Description ....... MKLDNNPlugin
[ ERROR ] Cannot make shared blob! The blob type cannot be used to store objects of current precision

Has anyone experienced similar problems ... and more importantly got any suggested solutions?

Thanks,

John McDonald.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear McDonald, John,

Ubuntu 18 is technically not supported by OpenVino. However, many in the community have made it work.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos