Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

OpenVINO demo and sample and setup .bat batch files

Dig_Solutions
Beginner

We've just installed the Windows tool chain for Open VINO, latest version.

Upon running the first batch file "setupvars.bat", we have run into the observation that all calls made to python and pip are not preceded with the necessary "call".   This means that none of the batch files will execute past the first call to any python item because the "cmd" system in windows spawns off the call as a separate process and closes the parent process.

Is there a global remedy for this?

For example: (test.bat not working)

echo Foo

python --version

echo Bar

Output:

Foo

Python 3.8.10

Where as:

echo Foo

CALL python --version

echo Bar

Output:

Foo

Python 3.8.10

Bar

Without the "call" predecessor none of these scripts are going to work.......

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Digs_Solutions,

Greetings to you.

I reproduced the issue with my Windows 10 setup and was able to get the desired result with and without the CALL function. Note that I ran the batch file without the Windows toolchain installed. I share with you the screenshot of both outputs:

Without CALL function:

batch wcall.PNG

With CALL function:

batch Call.PNG

This issue is more towards the Windows environment setup, we recommend that you send this question to a Windows-related forum for better reach.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Dig_Solutions,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli

0 Kudos