Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Openvino Inference Engine Python API support on GNA

Zhenyu_Z_Intel
Employee

I am using the Openvino to develop a python app. However I got the following error when trying to run the inference engine on GNA device. The same python script using the inference engine python API runs ok in CPU mode.

1. Can you confirm if the inference engine python API support GNA device?

2. Does IE support HETERO:GNA,CPU mode in either C++ or Python API?

exec_net = ie.load_network(network=net, device_name=FLAGS.device)

File "ie_api.pyx", line 85, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.load_network

File "ie_api.pyx", line 92, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.load_network

RuntimeError: Device with "GNA_AUTO" name is not registered in the InferenceEngine

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Zhu, Zhenyu

Unfortunately GNA is not supported by the HETERO plugin. These are the devices you can use:

-d HETERO:FPGA,GPU,CPU

Please review the following document:

http://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_IE_DG_supported_plugins_HETERO.html

Sincerely,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Dear Zhu, Zhenyu,

The Python API for Inference Engine supports the same plugins which the regular C++ Inference Engine supports. So there is no limitation on Python API's support of GNA. If Python OpenVino code fails to load the GNA plugin, then it could be a bug. Please let me know.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Zhenyu_Z_Intel
Employee

Shubha,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. Python API supports GNA when I changed from using GNA_AUTO to GNA. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Zhu, Zhenyu,

Glad to hear it ! And thanks for informing the OpenVino community of your findings. it really helps a lot when we share information with each other.

Shubha

0 Kudos