Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Openvino MFX: Unsupported extension: rtsp://cris:pass@192.167.1.175:444/live/ch0 , Ubuntu

Calincan
Novice

HI I'm running python Opencv motion detection script on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS  which is working fine ,

after running source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh and 

if I run it with OpenVINO 2021.2.185 then I got Openvino MFX: Unsupported extension: rtsp://cris:pass@192.167.1.175:444/live/ch0  and If I change it from IP camera src='rtsp://cris:pass@192.167.1.175:444/live/ch0'  to  webcam  src=0  then everithing works fine .

Can you please help me please ??

Below is the error 

[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1766) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: your GStreamer installation is missing a required plugin
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1781) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module uridecodebin0 reported: No URI handler implemented for "rtsp".
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (909) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (501) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created
libva info: VA-API version 1.8.0
libva info: User environment variable requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_8
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
MFX: Unsupported extension: rtsp://cris:pass@192.167.1.175:444/live/ch0
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1601) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: cannot link elements
libva info: VA-API version 1.8.0
libva info: User environment variable requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_8
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
MFX: Unsupported FourCC: XVID (0x44495658)
[ERROR:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap.cpp (561) open VIDEOIO(CV_IMAGES): raised OpenCV exception:

OpenCV(4.5.1-openvino) ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_images.cpp:253: error: (-5:Bad argument) CAP_IMAGES: can't find starting number (in the name of file): video.avi in function 'icvExtractPattern'

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Calincan
Novice
Many thanks for the answer , the solving solution was described by the link shared specificaly by : uninstalling the curent version :l_openvino_toolkit_p_2021.2.185 and installing older version: l_openvino_toolkit_p_2020.3.341 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

Try to install FFmpeg package, it should be able to grab frames from network source:

sudo apt install ffmpeg

Calincan
Novice

Many thanks ! what I see is that ffmpeg is already the newest version (7:4.2.4-1ubuntu0.1).

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

Try to play the stream using ffmpeg directly, e.g.:

ffplay <uri>

You can capture more logs from OpenCV and FFmpeg by setting environment variables:

OPENCV_VIDEOIO_DEBUG=1
OPENCV_LOG_LEVEL=debug
OPENCV_FFMPEG_DEBUG=1

Special environment variable can be used to pass extra options to underlying FFmpeg backend: OPENCV_FFMPEG_CAPTURE_OPTIONS. See this thread for some examples: https://answers.opencv.org/question/186903/opencv-streaming-h264-over-rtsp-using-ffmpeg-in-version-34/

0 Kudos
Calincan
Novice
Many thanks for the answer , the solving solution was described by the link shared specificaly by : uninstalling the curent version :l_openvino_toolkit_p_2021.2.185 and installing older version: l_openvino_toolkit_p_2020.3.341 
0 Kudos