Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Openvino: running an inference engine with a model yields "error access memory" - unknown causes

centroid
Beginner

I am on Raspbian OS and I run the following code:

pi@raspberrypi:~/openvino/inference_engine_cpp_samples_build/armv7l/Release $ sudo ./hello_classification /home/pi/openvino/open_model_zoo/tools/downloader/intel/emotions-recognition-retail-0003/FP16/emotions-recognition-retail-0003.xml /home/pi/Downloads/robert-de-niro.jpg MYRIAD

I get the following error output:

"memory access error"

[the german output message is "Speicherzugriffsfehler"]

Anyone knows the cause and how to address this error?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hello centroid,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You’re getting the error because the Hello Classification C++ Sample does not support the emotions-recognition-retail-0003 model.

You may refer to the documentation about this disclaimer:

“There is also an API introduced to crop a ROI object and set it as input without additional memory re-allocation. To properly demonstrate this API, it is required to run several networks in pipeline which is out of scope of this sample. “

The emotions-recognition-retail-0003 model is supported by the Interactive Face Detection Demo.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hello centroid,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos