Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Openvino support for movidus

Aya-Nasser
Beginner

Hi, 
Does this mean that Movidius stick (1) only is not supported the recent versions of openvino or also Movidious stick 2 ?

AyaNasser_0-1654524772527.png

Am new with hardware stack, but I've seen a lot of boards such as UP squads AI Vision that contains movidius and  they said it support openvino ?
Did they mean it support the older versions of openvino or also the latest ?

I need answer soon because I  need to purchase a small board to deploy my OpenVINO models on,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi Aya-Nasser,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick can only be used with OpenVINO versions up to OpenVINO 2020.3 LTS. You can refer here for more information.

Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (Intel® NCS2) meanwhile is supported up to the latest OpenVINO 2022.1 release. You can refer to System Requirements.

For your query regarding supported boards, you are referring to Intel® Vision Accelerator Design With Intel® Movidius™ Vision Processing Unit (VPU). For the boards mentioned in this link, we recommend you contact the respective vendors for further information. The support details are available in the Support subsection, under the Documentation & Support section.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Aya-Nasser,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos