Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Performance Measures Graphs A Little Misleading?

sphrz
New Contributor I

Can someone clarify the graphs here in the performance measures:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_performance_benchmarks.html

Specifically, the value and efficiency measures. The tooltip says light blue corresponds to INT8 when the NCS2 is only capable of FP16 (Should be green?). If this is not a mistake, can someone please explain why this is so? Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Munesh_Intel

Hi Damon,

Apologies for the delay in replying to you.

We acknowledge the errors in the Performance Chart, and they have since been corrected and the page has been updated. The Value and Efficiency charts for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 are now labeled as green-colored, indicating FP16 precision values.

Thank you for highlighting these errors in our Community.

Regards,

Munesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi sphrz,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, the information on the documentation is correct. The light blue represents the test for INT8, dark blue for FP32, and green is for FP16 format. The table shows the performance result that tested on the listed devices. The value is the performance efficiency or performance-per-cost and the efficiency is a factor to consider when selecting a device to run on a certain workload.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
sphrz
New Contributor I

Thank you for your response.

I understand what the metrics meanings are a bit better now. However, I am still unsure why the Value and Efficiency charts for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 is labeled as light blue (INT8). In the chart above (Throughput and Latency) they are colored green indicating that the values are from the FP16 precision but now the Value and Efficiency charts shown as INT8 precision as the metric? 

Ultimately, what changed to make the Value and Efficiency INT8 (light blue) since the lowest the stick can infer on is FP16?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Damon,

Apologies for the delay in replying to you.

We acknowledge the errors in the Performance Chart, and they have since been corrected and the page has been updated. The Value and Efficiency charts for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 are now labeled as green-colored, indicating FP16 precision values.

Thank you for highlighting these errors in our Community.

Regards,

Munesh

sphrz
New Contributor I
Thank you for your response. Glad I can contribute to an awesome and growing community!
0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Damon,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos