Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Python Bindings Examples not working

Platter__Paolo
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to run the object_detection_demo_ssd_async example in python. I tried with python 2.7 and with Python 3.6 ( with the fix provided by alexey ), but I'm always getting this error

Initializing plugin for CPU device...
Reading IR...
Loading IR to the plugin...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py", line 162, in <module>
    sys.exit(main() or 0)
  File ".\object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py", line 66, in main
    exec_net = plugin.load(network=net, num_requests=2)
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 169, in inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 181, in inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load
RuntimeError: Unsupported primitive of type: DetectionOutput name: detection_out

The environment seems to be setup correctly

PS C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.299\deployment_tools\inference_engine\samples\python_samples> python
Python 3.6.5 (v3.6.5:f59c0932b4, Mar 28 2018, 17:00:18) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import cv2
>>> cv2.__version__
'3.4.2-openvino_2018_R2.0.0'
>>>

Could you help me with this ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Paolo, 

thank you for reporting this issue, I could reproduce it. I will work with the dev team in order to solve it. 

Best regards, 

Severine

0 Kudos
Vadim_A_Intel
Employee

Hi, detection output is an extension layer. You have to provide path to the compiled cpu extension library (via "--cpu_extension" command line option.), which you can find in samples directory. 

0 Kudos
Platter__Paolo
Beginner

Thanks,

now is working !

0 Kudos
Wei-Han_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I got another error "RuntimeError: GetProcAddress cannot locate method 'CreateMKLDNNExtension': 127"  when run OpenVINO python sample in Win10. Thanks,

> python object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py -m C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.304\inference_engine\samples\python_samples\FP32\car.xml -i test1.mp4 --cpu_extension C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.304\python\python3.6\openvino\inference_engine\ie_api.pyd
Initializing plugin for CPU device...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py", line 162, in <module>
    sys.exit(main() or 0)
  File "object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py", line 57, in main
    plugin.add_cpu_extension(args.cpu_extension)
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 215, in inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.add_cpu_extension
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 223, in inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.add_cpu_extension
RuntimeError: GetProcAddress cannot locate method 'CreateMKLDNNExtension': 127
0 Kudos