Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Question about MULTI Plugin in OpenVINO 2019 R2

YOO__MinWoo
Beginner

hello
I tried executing object_detection_demo_yolov3_async in Openvino 2019 R2.

In order to run MULTI Plugin, I used -d MULTI:CPU,MYRIAD like this:

./object_detection_demo_yolov3_async -i ~testvideo.mp4 -m ~/yolov3.xml -d MULTI:CPU,MYRIAD 

It worked well. But I used -d MULTI:MYRIAD,CPU like this:

./object_detection_demo_yolov3_async -i ~testvideo.mp4 -m ~/yolov3.xml -d MULTI:MYRIAD,CPU

It didn't work properly.

I don't know why the results depend on order of arguments.

and I used -d MULTI:MYRIAD,MYRIAD like this:

./object_detection_demo_yolov3_async -i ~testvideo.mp4 -m ~/yolov3.xml -d MULTI:MYRIAD.1.4-ma2480,MYRIAD.1.3-ma2480
It didn't work properly, too.

How do I make it work?
Please let me know if there is anything else that needs to be modified in the code.

my system is like followings :

CPU: Intel Xeon D-2123IT

VPU: NCS2 x2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi MinWoo,

It looks like the order of the arguments does matter, as it is a prioritized list of devices. I will replicate this issue on my end and let you know what I find. 

See the multi-device plugin document here for more information.

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi MinWoo,

I was able to test the Multi Plugin with the benchmark application. I tried it and was able to get it to run with -d MULTI: MYRIAD, CPU and -d MULTI: CPU, MYRIAD and with multiple NCS devices. Please try with this application and let me know if it works for you.

To run with multiple NCS devices, run the hello device query C++ sample (found under deployment tools > samples) to get the specific device ID and use that to specify the device in your command. 

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos