Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Running OpenVino in a Docker container

Kunjavskij__Igor
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I am currently running into the issue that if I start a Docker container on a Raspberry Pi this way

docker run --privileged -v /dev:/dev -it --rm <docker image>

and run an application inside that should utilize the Neural Compute Stick, I get the following error:

E: [ncAPI] [    160605] [python3] ncDeviceOpen:844      Failed connection to device (1.1.3-ma2450) with error 7
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run.py", line 35, in <module>
    exec_net = plugin.load(network=net, num_requests=2)
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 551, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 561, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load

If it try to run the application inside the Docker container as root, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "run.py", line 7, in <module>
    from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IEPlugin
ImportError: No module named 'openvino'

Did anyone else run into similar problems or would someone have an idea what I could do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks and kind regards,

Igor

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kenneth_C_Intel
Employee

Yeah it looks like you are just missing the command to set up the environment. 

inside of the openvino installation directory (normally /opt/intel/openvino) there is a bin folder that should contain setupvars.sh

You will need to source that file before running any application using openvino. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenneth_C_Intel
Employee

Yeah it looks like you are just missing the command to set up the environment. 

inside of the openvino installation directory (normally /opt/intel/openvino) there is a bin folder that should contain setupvars.sh

You will need to source that file before running any application using openvino. 

0 Kudos
Kunjavskij__Igor
Beginner

Thank you very much, that solved my problem!

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Kunjavskij, Igor,

Glad it solved your problem and thanks for reporting back to the OpenVino community !

Shubha

0 Kudos