Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Two problem about applying Movidius on the raspberry pi3

idata
Employee

1.If I want to apply Movidius to the raspberry pi3,Do you have to use python3?

2.When I use python3 on raspberry pi3, I can't use the import cv2,How to install opencv in Python3
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

@tiandixing When you run make install, the script should install OpenCV for you. This will build OpenCV from source so it will take a long time on the Raspberry Pi.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a similar issue, where I can only handle python 2.7 on RPI, because I want to use ROS. Even though the release note on version V1.09 says the API supports python2.7, it looks like the results for some networks like inception are not what you expect. Any idea why python3 versus python2.7 return different results?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@sradmard You may want to check out https://github.com/intel/ros_intel_movidius_ncs if you are interested in using ROS with the NCS. Regarding the error with Python 2.7 and other networks like InceptionV1, it may have to do with the line of code involving the standard deviation in run.py. There is a bug in the code when running with python 2. The line of code I'm referring to is std = 1/128. You should be able to fix this by changing this line of code to std = 1.0/128.0. I believe it has to do with Python 2 defaulting to an integer data type.

0 Kudos