Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Ubuntu 18.04 RPI4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Is Raspian the only RPI4 OS that is compatible with OpenVINO? Wasted days trying to get Realsense installed on RPI3 with the abundance of incorrect / buggy documentation, finally moved to RPI4 with RPI Ubuntu server 18.04 and 11 hours later, managed to get Realsense installed and working, now the final part of the project, adding OpenVINO and NCS2. 

"The IA-32 architecture host installation is no longer supported.
The product cannot be installed on this system.
Please refer to product documentation for more information."

Before I waste any more time on this, is it possible to install OpenVINO and NCS2 on Ubuntu Server RPI4 18.04? This determines whether I use Intel tech again, constant battles to get it working and too much time wasted. 

Sorry for the negativity, it is just never ending problems. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely none of your documentation works! None of it. The only way I was able to get it it installed was to follow a PyImageSearch tutorial, in comparison to the week or so I spent battling with official tutorials, their tutorial took me five minutes 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out. When running the OpenVINO™ toolkit installer, are you getting any specific errors/warnings?

As the documentation states, the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit requires Ubuntu 18.04.x long-term support (LTS), 64-bit, we are unsure if the installer would allow you to install the software with the OS you are running, but you can certainly try and find out.

Another alternative is building the toolkit from source as described in this github repository. This was validated on Ubuntu* 16 but you can try and see if it works. There are some guides on building from source for Arm*64 + NCS and Arm7 + NCS.  Just keep in mind that what you are trying to do here hasn't been tested or validated, so it may or may not work. Feel free to post your findings or issues for other members of the community to see and possibly contribute.

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely none of your documentation works! None of it. The only way I was able to get it it installed was to follow a PyImageSearch tutorial, in comparison to the week or so I spent battling with official tutorials, their tutorial took me five minutes 

0 Kudos
raspiuser
Beginner

Hi,

i got the same Problem and wasted even more time, trying to install the OpenVino Toolkit on Raspberry Pi 4B. First on Ubuntu 16.04 32-Bit Version, then Ubuntu 20.10 64-Bit. Both times i got the same Error message like you. I did not found any 64 bit 18.04 Desktop or 64 bit 16.04 Desktop Version on the Internet.

Can you help me in any way ? Maybe with the right desktop version or any tipps how you fixed the Error?

Its an important university project and this is our last chance...

Greetings !

0 Kudos