Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6402 Discussions

Using Nvidia DIGITS generated Caffe model with NCS

idata
Employee

Hi

We are using Movidius NCS stick for deep neural network computing. We have successfully run the given examples.

We trained a convolutional neural network(CNN) on the Nvidia GPU using the DIGITS platform and got the caffe

model. Can this caffe model be directly used on/with the NCS without modifications? Using the tool mvNCCompile.pyc, we

have been able to generate the graph file. What file needs to be used as stat.txt for our CNN?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, as I see for all three example networks AlexNet, GoogLeNet and SqueezeNet is used exactly the same stat.txt so why don't you try just to copy it from there. The file contains these 6 floats

0.40787054 0.45752458 0.48109378

0.00392157 0.00392157 0.00392157
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Archana, were you able to get the DIGITS output to work with the NCS? I'm having difficulties at the moment. I have a previous model I trained via DIGITS and when I do the following

mvNCCompile deploy.prototext -w snapshot_iter_11970.caffemodel -s 12

I get the following error

Error importing caffe

Where you able to make this work? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Michael
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

from my research it appears my issue is a python path issue. I've addressed it and will open a new thread for my particular concern.

0 Kudos