Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Where the find the /workspace/ncappzoo/apps/dogsvscats???

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm reading the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick Blog Learn how to design and develop intelligent edge devices with the Neural Compute Stick (NCS). (https://movidius.github.io/blog/deploying-custom-caffe-models/

Now I want to re-build and try the trial step by step.

First, download the source code and helper scripts from NCAppZoo.

mkdir -p ~/workspace

cd ~/workspace

git clone https://github.com/ashwinvijayakumar/ncappzoo

git checkout dogsvscats

But I couldn't find the diretion: dogsvscats

Is there anybody could help me about this ? Thanks!

BRs,

@ideallyworld
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @ideallyworld ,

I think you need to be in the ncappzoo cloned repository when executing the git checkout dogsvscats command, not sure if that is what you are referring to when you asked "But I couldn't find the diretion: dogsvscats". I've tried this and it successfully switched to the branch "dogsvscats", I can see also the <<path-to>path-to>/ncappzoo/apps/dogsvscats directory. Hope this helps.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Luis_at_Intel ,

Thank you very much for your help. As you said it need be in the ncappzoo cloned repository when executing the git checkout dogsvscats command . And I also see the <path-to>/ncappzoo/apps/dogsvscats directory just as follow:

root@ubuntu:~/workspace# ls

ncsdk

root@ubuntu:~/workspace# git clone https://github.com/ashwinvijayakumar/ncappzoo

Cloning into 'ncappzoo'…

remote: Enumerating objects: 2980, done.

remote: Total 2980 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 2980

Receiving objects: 100% (2980/2980), 362.27 MiB | 275.00 KiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (1769/1769), done.

Checking connectivity… done.

root@ubuntu:~/workspace# git checkout dogsvscats

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

root@ubuntu:~/workspace# ls

ncappzoo ncsdk

root@ubuntu:~/workspace# cd ncappzoo

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo# ls

apps caffe CONTRIBUTING.md data LICENSE Makefile MAKEFILE_GUIDANCE.md OWNERS README.md tensorflow

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo# git checkout dogsvscats

Branch dogsvscats set up to track remote branch dogsvscats from origin.

Switched to a new branch 'dogsvscats'

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo# ls

apps caffe CONTRIBUTING.md data LICENSE Makefile OWNERS README.md tensorflow

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo# cd apps

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo/apps# ls

benchmarkncs hello_ncs_cpp Makefile README.md street_cam_threaded

birds hello_ncs_py multistick_cpp stream_infer topcoder_example

classifier-gui image-classifier MultiStick_GoogLeNet stream_ty_gn video_face_matcher

dogsvscats live-image-classifier MultiStick_TF_Inception stream_ty_gn_threaded video_objects

gender_age_lbp log-image-classifier rapid-image-classifier street_cam

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo/apps#

Thanks again.

BRs,

@ideallyworld
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Luis_at_Intel ,

I keep forward the trail and meet W/ the make error just as follow:

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo/apps/dogsvscats# ls

AUTHORS.txt create-labels.py data README.md

bvlc_googlenet create-lmdb.sh Makefile

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo/apps/dogsvscats# export CAFFE_PATH=/PATH/TO/CAFFE/INSTALL_DIR

root@ubuntu:~/workspace/ncappzoo/apps/dogsvscats# make

Installing dependencies…

sudo apt-get -y install unzip

Reading package lists… Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information… Done

unzip is already the newest version (6.0-20ubuntu1).

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 346 not upgraded.

sudo pip install pyyaml

DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.

Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (3.13)

Extracting dataset…

Archive: data/test1.zip

replace data/test1/1.jpg? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename:

……..

inflating: data/train/dog.9994.jpg

inflating: data/train/dog.9995.jpg

inflating: data/train/dog.9996.jpg

inflating: data/train/dog.9997.jpg

inflating: data/train/dog.9998.jpg

inflating: data/train/dog.9999.jpg

Creating labels file…

Done. See data/train/train.txt & val.txt

echo "Creating lmdb files…"

Creating lmdb files…

Creating train lmdb…

./create-lmdb.sh: 45: ./create-lmdb.sh: /PATH/TO/CAFFE/INSTALL_DIR/build/tools//convert_imageset: not found

Makefile:30: recipe for target 'lmdb' failed

make: *** [lmdb] Error 127

It seems be caused by the wrong caffe path. Do I need to install the caffe or how could I check if I have install the caffe already ? How could I fix this error? Thank you very much!

BRs,

@ideallyworld
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @ideallyworld,

Glad my explanation made sense. Since there has been some issues already on your install I may suggest to uninstall and reinstall the NCSDK together with the NCAPPZOO. Just to start fresh, you could do this with make clean and make uninstall. I hope this resolves the issue.

For reference I found this information that could be useful, I don't think this is your case but I don't want to assume that.

Important: Caffe Users: If you are installing on a host machine that already has Caffe installed and its directory is already in the PYTHONPATH environment variable, you must remove the existing Caffe directory from the PYTHONPATH environment variable prior to installing the NCSDK. You will need to manually modify the PYTHONPATH to match your development needs such that it points to the Caffe version installed with the NCSDK when using the NCSDK and it points to other Caffe versions when you wish to use those.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Luis_at_Intel ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I intall the caffe and re-training the dog vs cat demo. It's running OK now. So I think it need a caffe installed environment. Next I will keep finishing this trail. Additionally one question. The NCSDK not include the tensorflow environment, is this right? I just want confirm this. Thanks again.

BRs,

@ideallyworld
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@ideallyworld ,

That is great news, glad the demo is now working as expected. As for your question "the NCSDK not include the tensorflow environment", can you elaborate more? I don't think it is installed by default, but there are some Tensorflow networks found in the NCAPPZOO that could be useful to get started with. Find more information in the repo here. You can find some Tensorflow references in the NCSDK documentation here as well . Hope these suggestions help answer your question.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos