Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

YOLOv3 on UP Squared with AI Core X

Lobo__Arthur
Beginner

I have an UP Squared board with an AI Core X mPCIe neural network accelerator card plugged in.
I followed the steps (except #3) to install the driver under,

"Additional Installation Steps for Intel Vision Accelerator Design with Intel Movidius VPUs" at

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Linux

to use the mPCIe card.

Does anyone know what device type I should specify to run the OpenVINO R5
object_detection_demo_yolov3_async for instance on the AI Core X (-d argument)? Usually it is
CPU/GPU/MYRIAD/FPGA. The MYRIAD option is only for the USB connected Neural Compute Stick 2.

Or are there any other steps I should take to run inferencing on the AI Core X?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest Arthur:

You should work with this board in the same way as with Myriad through USB. In the UP Squared there is “HW PCIe to USB switch” on the board. So, to answer your question,  simply specify MYRIAD  despite the physical connection of this board being PCI.

Hope it helps !

Sincerely,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Ryan3
Beginner

I have a similar question. I am working through the "Getting Started" tutorial (also an UP squared board with the AI Core X). When I attempt to run the demo face detection application with the VPU according to the instruction, I get an error at run time: 

[INFO] Loading Age Gender model to the MYRIAD plugin

[ERROR] Can not open USB device: NC_ERROR

I cannot find anything in the tutorial about this error or what might cause it. If you could point me to some documentation, I can get started debugging.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Ryan, perhaps this document will help you.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/up-squared-grove-troubleshooting-guide

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Baghini__Andrea
Beginner

I have an issue when trying to install the driver for intel ai core x following this guide. When I execute the command sudo ./setup.sh install I got this error message:

Running install for component drv_ion
if [[ "" != "" ]]; then sudo rmmod myd_ion; fi;
make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_ion"
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_ion"
make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_ion"
>>> start building NODEBUG ION driver <<<
make[2]: ingresso nella directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_ion"
make[2]: *** /lib/modules/4.15.0-37-generic/build: File o directory non esistente.  Arresto.
make[2]: uscita dalla directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_ion"
Makefile:36: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "all" non riuscito
make[1]: *** [all] Errore 2
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_ion"
Makefile:67: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "preinstall" non riuscito
make: *** [preinstall] Errore 2
Running install for component drv_vsc
if [[ "" != "" ]]; then sudo rmmod myd_vsc; fi;
make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_vsc"
rm -f *.o *.ko *.order *.mod.c *.symvers .*.cmd
rm -rf .tmp_versions
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_vsc"
make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_vsc"
make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=$PWD
make[2]: ingresso nella directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_vsc"
make[2]: *** /lib/modules/4.15.0-37-generic/build: File o directory non esistente.  Arresto.
make[2]: uscita dalla directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_vsc"
Makefile:23: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "default" non riuscito
make[1]: *** [default] Errore 2
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/drivers/drv_vsc"
Makefile:43: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "preinstall" non riuscito

I'm using an intel up squared with ubuntu 16.04.06 with kernel 4.15.0-37-generic (as suggested for the up squared board)

Any advice for solving this issue?

0 Kudos