Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

add image input in checkpoint file before converting to IR model

hung__steven
Beginner

Hi 

i would like to convert tensorflow model based on Inception V3 to IR model.

but i need to add image input placeholder because the input of model is tf records

i use the code below and it works(inception_v3.py is in the file):

import tensorflow as tf
import tensorflow.contrib.slim as slim
import tensorflow.contrib.slim.nets as nets
import inception_v3 as network

with tf.Graph().as_default():
    images_input=tf.placeholder(tf.float32,[None,299,299,3],'input')
    init_op_global=tf.global_variables_initializer()

with slim.arg_scope(network.inception_v3_arg_scope()):
        net,endpoint=network.inception_v3(images_input,num_classes=26,is_training=False)

saver=tf.train.Saver(tf.global_variables())
    with tf.Session() as sess:
        sess.run(init_op_global)
        saver=tf.train.import_meta_graph('model.ckpt-1399202.meta')
        saver.restore(sess,'model.ckpt-1399202')

saver.save(sess,'/my_path/my_model.ckpt')
        tf.train.write_graph(sess.graph,'.' ,'graph.pbtxt')

however, the output of the model with image input is significantly below my expectation

how do i correctly add placeholder in my model ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Steven,

Since Model Optimizer doesn't support -1 as a dimension for your placeholder's shapes so you have to explicitly supply the shape for example python3 mo_tf.py --input_model <frozenmodel.pb> --input_shape [1,299,299,3] --input <input/placeholder layername>. For more information on the parameters that can be used to convert the model you can reference this page.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Steven,

When you say that the output of the model is below your expectations what specifically are you speaking about(output of the model when running inference?)?

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
hung__steven
Beginner

Hi Jone:

yes, there are different results when running inference

i think there is something wrong when adding placeholder in my model

if i do not add image placeholder and directly convert my model to IR model, the model optimizer cannot find the input

there are the information of two models from summarize_graph below  

Original frozen model:

No inputs spotted.
No variables spotted.
Found 1 possible outputs: (name=InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1, op=Reshape) 
Found 21838868 (21.84M) const parameters, 0 (0) variable parameters, and 0 control_edges
Op types used: 493 Const, 190 Identity, 95 Conv2D, 94 Relu, 94 FusedBatchNorm, 15 ConcatV2, 10 AvgPool, 4 MaxPool, 2 Add, 2 Mul, 2 Reshape, 1 Floor, 1 FIFOQueueV2, 1 QueueDequeueV2, 1 RandomUniform, 1 RealDiv, 1 BiasAdd, 1 Softmax, 1 Squeeze, 1 Sub
To use with tensorflow/tools/benchmark:benchmark_model try these arguments:
bazel run tensorflow/tools/benchmark:benchmark_model -- --graph=/volume/inception_v3_frozen.pb --show_flops --input_layer= --input_layer_type= --input_layer_shape= --output_layer=InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1

with image placeholder frozen model:

Found 1 possible inputs: (name=input, type=float(1), shape=[?,299,299,3]) 
No variables spotted.
Found 1 possible outputs: (name=InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1, op=Reshape) 
Found 21873291 (21.87M) const parameters, 0 (0) variable parameters, and 0 control_edges
Op types used: 488 Const, 379 Identity, 95 Conv2D, 94 FusedBatchNorm, 94 Relu, 15 ConcatV2, 10 AvgPool, 4 MaxPool, 2 Reshape, 1 BiasAdd, 1 Placeholder, 1 Shape, 1 Softmax, 1 Squeeze
To use with tensorflow/tools/benchmark:benchmark_model try these arguments:
bazel run tensorflow/tools/benchmark:benchmark_model -- --graph=/volume/theme_detection/theme_detection_frozen_2.pb --show_flops --input_layer=input --input_layer_type=float --input_layer_shape=-1,299,299,3 --output_layer=InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1

how do i correctly add image placeholder in my model or directly convert my model to IR model? 

THX

Besr Regards,

Steven Hung

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Steven,

Since Model Optimizer doesn't support -1 as a dimension for your placeholder's shapes so you have to explicitly supply the shape for example python3 mo_tf.py --input_model <frozenmodel.pb> --input_shape [1,299,299,3] --input <input/placeholder layername>. For more information on the parameters that can be used to convert the model you can reference this page.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos