Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll has BUG

Hern__Yee
Novice

I am using Visual Studio 2019 to compile OpenVINO 2020 R3 LTS C++ demos.

I testing on the C++ smart class room demo and found out some issue. 

if i Compile the smart class room demo it in DEBUG, the compiled program will work without problem. 

BUT if i compile it in RELEASE, it will show cannot find MKLDNNPlugin.dll error. 

The error message when i try to run the smart class room compiled in RELEASE mode. 

[ ERROR ] Failed to create plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2020.3.194\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll for device CPU
Please, check your environment
Cannot load library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2020.3.194\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll': 1114 from cwd: C:\Users\Dafei\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release

It will only successfully run and grab "MKLDNNPlugin.dll" the when i compile it in DEBUG mode. 

smart_classroom_demo.exe -i cam -m_fd C:\AI\ModelZoo\face-detection-adas-0001.xml -m_lm C:\AI\ModelZoo\landmarks-regression-retail-0009.xml -m_reid C:\AI\ModelZoo\face-reidentification-retail-0095.xml -d_fd CPU -d_lm CPU -d_reid CPU -fg C:\AI\ModelZoo\Database\faces_gallery.json
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine: 00007FFBDECD9BC8
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Reading video 'cam'
[ INFO:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\videoio_registry.cpp (191) cv::`anonymous-namespace'::VideoBackendRegistry::VideoBackendRegistry VIDEOIO: Enabled backends(7, sorted by priority): FFMPEG(1000); GSTREAMER(990); INTEL_MFX(980); MSMF(970); DSHOW(960); CV_IMAGES(950); CV_MJPEG(940)
[ INFO:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\backend_plugin.cpp (369) cv::impl::getPluginCandidates Found 2 plugin(s) for GSTREAMER
[ INFO:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\backend_plugin.cpp (175) cv::impl::DynamicLib::libraryLoad load C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2020.3.194\opencv\bin\opencv_videoio_gstreamer430_64d.dll => FAILED
[ INFO:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\backend_plugin.cpp (175) cv::impl::DynamicLib::libraryLoad load opencv_videoio_gstreamer430_64d.dll => FAILED
[ INFO:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\backend_plugin.cpp (369) cv::impl::getPluginCandidates Found 2 plugin(s) for MSMF
[ INFO:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\backend_plugin.cpp (175) cv::impl::DynamicLib::libraryLoad load C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2020.3.194\opencv\bin\opencv_videoio_msmf430_64d.dll => OK
[ INFO:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.3\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\backend_plugin.cpp (236) cv::impl::PluginBackend::PluginBackend Video I/O: loaded plugin 'Microsoft Media Foundation OpenCV Video I/O plugin'
[ INFO ] Loading Inference Engine
[ INFO ] Device info:
CPU
MKLDNNPlugin version ......... 2.1
Build ........... 2020.3.0-3467-15f2c61a-releases/2020/3

I suspect inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll has BUG. 

While \inference_engine\bin\intel64\Debug\MKLDNNPlugind.dll  is working well. 

Here i attach the smart classroom demo i compiled in DEBUG and RELEASE mode, also the MKLDNNPlugin.dll which it fail to find even it is there. 

1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Yee,

I am not able to replicate the issue in OpenVINO toolkit 2020.3 or in the latest release 2020.4. Please upgrade your OpenVINO toolkit to 2020.4 and let me know if you continue to see the issue.

Please make sure the Inference Engine Runtime for Intel CPU is selected.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Hern__Yee,

Thanks for reaching out. I was not able to reproduce the behavior you are describing. I tested on a Windows 10 System with OpenVINO 2020.3 and MS Visual Studio 2019. Could you share the CPU information of your system? My tests were done on an Intel Core i5-6260U.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Hern__Yee
Novice

Hi,

I am using i7-3770.

-Yee Hern

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Yee,

I am not able to replicate the issue in OpenVINO toolkit 2020.3 or in the latest release 2020.4. Please upgrade your OpenVINO toolkit to 2020.4 and let me know if you continue to see the issue.

Please make sure the Inference Engine Runtime for Intel CPU is selected.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

0 Kudos