Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

limited number of graphs and fifos on the NCS

idata
Employee

Hi, i'm currently using version 2.05 of NCSDK. I encountered a problem while trying to load multiple (about 15) graphs with their respective input/output queues on the NCS stick. i get this error :

E: [ 0] XLinkOpenStream:909 Max streamId reached deaddead!

W: [ 0] ncGraphAllocate:970 can't open stream for graphBuffer transmission

When i tried to print the used memory on the device as well as the MAX number of graphs and queues on the NCS with the Device.get_option function, i get this :

USED MEMORY OF THE DEVICE = 199954880 (RO_CURRENT_MEMORY_USED)

MAX MEMORY OF THE DEVICE = 522073264 (RO_MEMORY_SIZE)

ALLOCATED NUMBER OF FIFOS = 20 (RO_ALLOCATED_FIFO_NUM)

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF FIFOS = 20 (RO_MAX_FIFO_NUM)

ALLOCATED NUMBER of graphs = 10 (RO_ALLOCATED_GRAPH_NUM)

MAXIMUM NUMBER of graphs= 10 (RO_MAX_GRAPH_NUM)

So it seems that while there is still available memory on the NCS, the RO_MAX_FIFO_NUM and RO_MAX_GRAPH_NUM are limited to 20 and 10 respectively, preventing me from loading more graphs on the NCS. Needless to say that there is no way of changing this options through the set_option() function, since they are read-only.

Could you please provide me with a correct way to increase the values of these options? (i tried to play with the mvncapi source file but it gets more complicated and the compiler doesn't like it)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

@aymen At the moment, there isn't a way to change these options.

0 Kudos