Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

mvncStatus.ERROR when running OpenDevice()

idata
Employee

Hi,

I customized the MTCNN demo available in NCAPPZOO to perform inferences in live camera frames and using only 1 Movidius NCS.

This is my code: https://github.com/felipheggaliza/ncappzoo/blob/master/tensorflow/MTCNN/run_mtcnn-camera.py

I am getting the error mvncStatus.ERROR when runnning OpenDevice(). Could you help me with this issue?

Best Regards,

Feliphe Galiza

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

@feliphegaliza The code seems to be opening the device immediately after closing the device in lines 106-108. Since the NCS device re-enumerates from USB 2 to USB 3 with a call to OpenDevice() and from USB 3 to USB 2 with CloseDevice, the device may be in mid-transition when the OpenDevice() call is being made. This is likely the cause of the failure.

Although dynamic allocation/deallocation is not yet working with the current NCSDK (1.12), we are working on a release candidate at the moment.

Introducing a slight delay before each OpenDevice() may be a work around in the meantime although I know this is not an optimal solution.

0 Kudos