Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6386 Discussions

myriad plugin and deployment_tools folder for 2019 R1.0.1?

tmatsuzawa
Beginner

Hello.

I built old version of inference_engine from source following below (since R1.0.1 package is no longer available) so that I can build my apps with R1 API to compare behavior with the latest environment.

https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/blob/2019_R1.0.1/inference-engine/README.md#build-steps

Now I have following issues and wonder how to address?

1) No deployment_tools folder

Since I have built my R1.0.1 environment from git source, there is no deployment_folder there.
Old setup guides sometimes refer to this folder name and I am get in trouble.
(for model_downloader, I just could use latest open_model_zoo/model_downloader though.)

(I am unsuccessfull so far to install pip3 openvino-dev package due to dependency version issues, but if I am successful, wil I have deployment_tools there?)

2) myriad plugin?

Old gude referes to openvino/external folder where myriad plugin is available with setup scripts.
But since I only cloned and built inference_engine from source, there is no such additional folder.

(Probably for R1.0.1 it was put into package together with other stuffs and not all of them are availabl
e in the source git above.)

I just want to use my NCS/NCS2 stocks with this environment and desire to know how to make them available.

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You are correct, building OpenVINO™ from source does not create a deployment_folder. To use the model downloader, you need to git clone the specific Open Model Zoo version that is compatible with your OpenVINO™. On the other hand, installing openvino-dev package through PIP is only available for OpenVINO™ 2021.3.0 onwards.

For your information, I have git cloned the compatible Open Model Zoo and downloaded the face-detection-adas-0001 model, and validated it by running Object Detection C++ Sample SSD. I share my results here: 

1.png

2.png

3.png

On another note, as mentioned in the Inference Engine Repository components, the open-source version of Inference Engine only includes the CPU, GPU, GNA, and Heterogeneous plugins. Inference Engine plugins for Intel® FPGA and Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick are distributed only in binary form and are not available for the open-source version.

Regards,

Megat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You are correct, building OpenVINO™ from source does not create a deployment_folder. To use the model downloader, you need to git clone the specific Open Model Zoo version that is compatible with your OpenVINO™. On the other hand, installing openvino-dev package through PIP is only available for OpenVINO™ 2021.3.0 onwards.

For your information, I have git cloned the compatible Open Model Zoo and downloaded the face-detection-adas-0001 model, and validated it by running Object Detection C++ Sample SSD. I share my results here: 

1.png

2.png

3.png

On another note, as mentioned in the Inference Engine Repository components, the open-source version of Inference Engine only includes the CPU, GPU, GNA, and Heterogeneous plugins. Inference Engine plugins for Intel® FPGA and Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick are distributed only in binary form and are not available for the open-source version.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
tmatsuzawa
Beginner

Thanks you for your comment.

Looking into the github source code, following the first time myriad plugin is included.

Publishing 2019 R1.1 content and Myriad plugin sources #162
https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/pull/162

2019 R1.0.1 - not available.
2019 R1.1,R2,R3,R3.1 - available in openvino/inference-engine/thirdparty/movidus
2020.1 - available in openvino/inference-engine/src/vpu
2022.3.0 - available in openvino/src/plugins/intel_myriad/

So, if I try 2019 R1.1 (instead of 2019 R1.0.1) it might be available..
(I have to consider if I would like to, or now concentrate on recent supported versions.)

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Yes you are right, the MYRIAD plugin is included in OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.1. Check out the introduction page for more information. If you would like to build OpenVINO™ 2019 R1.1 from source, you can refer to the Additional Installation Steps for the MYRIAD devices.

On the other hand, Intel® Movidius ™ VPU-based products are not supported in the OpenVINO™ 2022.3.0 release but will be added back in a future OpenVINO 2022.3.1 LTS update. In the meantime, for support on those products please use OpenVINO 2022.1. You can find more information on the release note Support Change and Deprecation Notices.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
tmatsuzawa
Beginner

Hello.

>but will be added back in a future OpenVINO™ 2022.3.1 LTS update

It is a good news. I was also trying 2022.x source builds and I needed to tweak device id checking code for this.

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

You can check out the OpenVINO™ wiki Build OpenVINO™ Runtime and Build for Linux page for more information on building OpenVINO™ from source.

On the other hand, you can try out the Hello Query Device Sample for your device properties.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Tmatsuzawa,

Thank you for your question. This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos