Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

raspberry API for latest Release

idata
Employee

1) Will the ncapi of previous release work for raspberry pi?

2) Can the ncapi of the previous release work on RAspberry PI Zero?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

The ncapi for raspberry is intended to work on ARMv8(64-bit) and is compiled for RPi3 model.

It won't work on previous BCM2835 chipset based boards which are 32 bit architecture.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have compiled the ncsdk on a Pi3 and went looking for the ncapi, could not find it. Can you answer the following question?

For the newest version of the ncsdk, is there a directory called "ncapi" once the compilation is complete?

-John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @johnbutterfield,

The current version of the ncsdk installs directly on the raspberry pi. There is no longer an ncapi directory with files to copy to the rpi.

You should just clone the repo and then run make install right on the rpi.

Neal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was able to do that and all of the examples work. Is there an actual site that documents the NCS API? I want to use the NCS to speed up my trained OpenCV detections but am at a loss as to how to accomplish this. If I need to recode using your API calls, that is an option. I would prefer to modify my own code rather then recode from scratch.

Thanks,

John
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @johnbutterfield ,

You can find documentation on both the C and Python APIs here: https://movidius.github.io/ncsdk/

Neal

0 Kudos