Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

tbb not found in openvino raspbian 32 bits

momo93
Novice

Hello 

I installed openvino for raspbian os 32 bits its works, the problem that I   have when i'm building samples or my applications I gor this warning 

"""

by not providing "FindTBB.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH? this project has asked cmake to find a pckage configuration file provided by tbb , but CMAKE did not find one 

TBB was not found by the configured TBB_DIR/D+TBBROOT path SEQ method will be used

"

and that's because openvino source for raspbian has no package for tbb, other wise if we check for openvino installation folder in wind10 in inference engine we can see TBB as external package, I dindt understand why 

regards 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Momo,

Greetings to you. You’re right. OpenVINO toolkit package on Raspbian OS does not contain TBB. You need to download TBB and point CMake to use this new TBB package. You may refer to this GitHub thread for more information.

For your information, I have validated the Inference Engine samples and Open Model Zoo demo applications with OpenVINO 2021.2 and OpenVINO 2020.3 LTS by following all the steps in  Install OpenVINO™ toolkit for Raspbian* OS. I didn’t face any warning message, and everything goes well.

I would suggest you work with OpenVINO 2021.2 if you’re using Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (NCS2). Or if you’re using Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (NCS), you need to work with OpenVINO 2020.3 LTS.

In addition, I would like to know what version of OpenVINO toolkit you are using, your Raspberry Pi Platform and your Raspberry Pi Operating System version.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
momo93
Novice

hello thanks 

I'm using openvino l_openvino_toolkit_p_2021.2.1 in raspberry pi 4 (4GB of ram) and raspbian os system 32-bits vesrion 10 ("buster").

you said u didnt get any warnings did you point tbb to cmake ? if yes can u tell how u did it and where i can find a tbb package for my raspbian system .

0 Kudos
momo93
Novice
0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Momo,

Greetings to you. Thanks for sharing. I also face the same warning message when I validated using OpenVINO toolkit for Raspbian OS version 2021.1.

As I’ve validated previously, by using the latest version of OpenVINO toolkit for Raspbian OS, which is version 2021.2, you will not face any warning message without downloading TBB package.

Therefore, please install the latest version of OpenVINO toolkit for Raspbian OS, l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_raspbian_p_2021.2.185.tgz.

Hope to hear good news from you.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
momo93
Novice

hello and thank you for ur answer

first you are right now and by using last release you rpovieded there is no warnnings messages. 

second I think there is a big issue with opencv provided with these releases (openvino for raspos32 ) is too slow more than expected over one frame per seconde and thats without detection part.  and by using another opencv installation I got 30 fps. i tested with both versions of openvino 32 bits and its always the same thing

If you want to reproduce the issue please try to use only sample script for video streaming without using detection part, just open video and passit to a frame something like the c++ code belwo

cv::VideoCpture video = cv::VideoCpture (rtsp flow )

while(1){

cv::Mat frame;

video >> frame;

cv::imshow(frame,frame)

}

Thank you and hope hearing good news from u 

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

@momo93 , please create a new thread for this issue. Attach output of cv2::getBuildInformation() function for both OpenCV versions and some performance numbers (e.g. time needed to read 100 frames).

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Momo,

Greetings to you. I’m glad to hear from you that you’ve solved your first issue. For your second issue, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos