Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106 Information

Maricomp
Beginner

Hello everyone

I've installed the new version of Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Windows* 10. It works!

I've tried the demo_security_barrier_camera.bat demo and it works too.

Then I've tried the demo_security_barrier_camera.bat demo on a different bmp image (there is just one italian-car in the image, very well visible), but the software doesn't detect the car.

Please, could I have more information about the vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106 pre-trained model? Where were dataset's vehicles acquired (China, USA,...)? Are there any requirements on the license plate (colour,...)?

Thank you all for your help

Marino

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gdeep
Beginner

Dear maricomp

Intel_model 'vehicle licence plate detection' only able to detect blue and yellow Colour Licence plates ,But good thing is

for the vehicle license plate detector, you can use this new tool that enables you to retrain it: https://github.com/opencv/training_toolbox_tensorflow 

Unfortunately For 'vehicle licence plate recognition ' Now it only able to recognition chinese plates

Best regards

Gagandeep

0 Kudos