Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

virutalbox nural compute stick 2

Hellmark__jacob
Beginner

HI i have followed you guides on my ubuntu 16.04 virtualbox but i keep getting this error when i try to run this ./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD and i can’t seem to fix it. i have set up all my filters and everything.

E: [ncAPI] [ 527338] ncDeviceOpen:800 Failed connection to device (1.2-ma2480) with error 5 [ ERROR ] Can not init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is detected! when i run lsusb

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 03e7:2485 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

please help! and i have the Nural Compute Stick 2

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Jacob,

Could you confirmed you have done the following?

• Enabled USB 3.0 on the VM settings
  • Installed the Virtualbox Extension Pack
  • Configured the USB Driver (Step 3 in Get Started Guide)
  • Tested the NCS on a different USB Port

After all is done, you will need to logout of the system, I recommend rebooting the VM. Could you also share a screenshot of the USB Filter Settings and the OpenVINO toolkit version you are using?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Hellmark, jacob,

Perhaps ( fairly recent  ) This Blog Post, not written by Intel but by an OpenVino community member - will help you.

Thanks,

shubha

0 Kudos
Hellmark__jacob
Beginner

hello 

That day i sat with it a little bit more and decided to give up on a VM and just triple boot ubuntu 16.04 so i did that went threw the installation again and than i noticed what was wrong i had my permissions wrong they were 0660 but i needed to change it to 0666 than i just rebooted my system and now it works perfectly. 

But thank you for answering me (:

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Hellmark, jacob,

I'm glad you got it working. 

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Thibault__Pierre
Beginner

Well, I have this problem too. I am running VirtualBox 6.0.14 r133895 (Qt5.6.3) on macOS Catalina 10.15.2. I am emulating Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS. All the commands listed in this message are executed in the emulated Ubuntu environment.

When I run:

./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD

I have the error in output:

E: [ncAPI] [    667694] [classification_] ncDeviceOpen:859	Device doesn't appear after boot
[ ERROR ] Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR
Error on or near line 217; exiting with status 1

I have the NCS directly connected to my machine. I have attached two images of the USB filter in VirtualBox. I just used the USB selector of VirtualBox to add the NCS USB device.

When I run:

lsusb

I don't think I see my USB device. I have this output:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Any ideas?

0 Kudos