Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
401 Discussions

Discovery Tool Issue EII2.4.2

Saravanan_M
Beginner

Hi currently using EII 2.4.2. While exploring discovery tools not able to retrieve the  frames from minio bucket.  Getting "NULL" as response.Getting "NULL" as responseGetting "NULL" as response

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi Saravanan_M,

This may be due to a connection error with minIO. Can you please post a screenshot of the commands you executed so I can try to reproduce this issue? Are you running this on Ubuntu 18.04? 

I noticed you are using an older version of EII. The latest version is 2.6 so I recommend updating to the latest version of the software and retrying.

Sincerely,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
Saravanan_M
Beginner

Hi Sahira_Intel,

As per your suggestion  I have tried Installing the latest version (2.6) but getting the same error again and again  while installation. Please find the error screenshot in the attachment.EII installer failed.EII installer failed.

0 Kudos
Haizad_Intel

Hi! Saravanan,

The installation issue is caused by a bug in the installation script. A fixed will be released in EII v2.6.1 which will be released this week.

In the meantime, if you do not plan to use factory control app, you can remove it in the [work_DIR]/edge_insights_industrial/edgesoftware_configuration.xml.

Refer the following image:

Haizad_Intel_0-1633490059394.png

0 Kudos
Saravanan_M
Beginner

Hi Haizad,

I have tried removing factory control app from edgesoftware_configuration.xml file. But getting the same error again.Screenshot from 2021-10-06 10-36-08.pngScreenshot from 2021-10-06 10-35-56.png

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi Saravanan_M,

Can you uninstall using the command edgesoftware uninstall -a, then delete edge_insights_industrial and re-create it by unzipping the download package. Once the new directory is created, you can edit edgesoftware_configuration,json and remove the factory_app line. 

Sincerely,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
Saravanan_M
Beginner

Hi Haizad,

Trying to use EII_2.6 Discovery Tool . But the Image of this tool is not available on the dockehub. Getting the below error.Screenshot from 2021-10-11 13-29-32.png

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @Saravanan_M 

Can you list the current running docker container?

May I check if you are using the default PCB demo for this?

0 Kudos