Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
394 Discussions

ECI-A issue: hang when enter ACRN

HarrisLai
Beginner

I followed the ECI-A install guide to create a bootable USB (have 2VMs, windows and linux) and then installed image to target uBuntu 18.04, and then reboot again to see the grup menu(one is Linux another is ACRN). when I enter ACRN, hang there and show booting 'ACRN' warnning: no console will be avaliable to OS as the attached.

My target:

coffee lake (i5-9500TE)

6 cores(s) / 6 Thread(s)

8GB RAM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jia-Shing_W_Intel

Hi,

I would recommend that you first start with hardware from the validated list so we know the hardware and BIOS combination supports ACRN.

The following platforms have been validated for ACRN with ECI 2.5:

If, with one of these platforms, you still run into this issue, you might want to double check your BIOS settings and make sure those that are ACRN-related are properly configured. This is a common reason that leads to this issue.

JiaShing_W_Intel_0-1635160689828.png

0 Kudos
HarrisLai
Beginner

Hi Jia-Shing_W,

On this coffee lake platform (i5-9500TE),

the BIOS is American Megatrends, Inc.

I can only see some settings as red block in the attached file. (These settings are what I use now).

0 Kudos
ChunSheong_F_Intel

Hi Harris,

Which profile did you use when you are building the ECI-A image? Do you disable Hyperthreading on your bios?

0 Kudos
Jia-Shing_W_Intel

Hi Harris,

I also find VT-d is used by ACRN. Without enabling it in BIOS, you also can get stuck at boot. Are you able to get help from the BIOS vendor to make these options exposed in the menu?

0 Kudos