Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.

EIS Ingestion Issues on EC2

kranthi_volteo

We are trying to set up an EIS stack in cloud EC2 Ubuntu 18.04 servers. We are seeing some issues with ingestion, tried various servers, still see the same.. Let me know if we are missing anything.  Works perfectly fine on dev ubuntu machines. Should we use any specific EC2 servers. we currently tested on c3.4xlarge and c4.8xlarge instance types. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kranthi_volteo

Hi Weng,

Thanks for the info. I am using AWS EC2 machine without GPU, so gstreamer plugin did not work. I switched to opencv plugin. It works. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @kranthi_volteo ,

Kindly provide below information for further understand your setup:

1) Provide full configuration for video ingestion, you can screenshot it from ETCD web UI.

2) Which Intel CPU running on the EC2 server? You can use command "lscpu" to check and provide the info. Is the Intel CPU also came with Intel integrated GPU?

thanks!

0 Kudos
kranthi_volteo

Hi Weng,

Thanks for the info. I am using AWS EC2 machine without GPU, so gstreamer plugin did not work. I switched to opencv plugin. It works. 

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @kranthi_volteo ,

Yes, that is what i am suspecting so i am trying to confirm your full config of video ingestion and your hardware spec if come with iGPU to validate my hypothesis. It is great now you can get EIS running on AWS EC2 server. Thanks!

0 Kudos