Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
401 Discussions

EIS installation fails on Ubuntu 18.04.5

Mauricio
Novice
Hi team, 

I´m writing to share with you the error I am getting in the installation of the EIS framework, in a virtual machine with ubuntu 18.04.5 (VirtualBox).

I´ve attached two images.

In image "cap1.png", we can see the result of the first installation attempt on the left, and the result of the following attempts on the right.

On the first attempt, the installation of "coreDNS" fails, and on subsequent attempts the installation of "Castle Lake Manager" fails.

Therefore, the orchestrator module cannot be installed.

The "cap2.png" image refers to a message we get in the middle of the installation, before it fails.

Could you please give me a feedback on these errors?

Best regards.

Mauricio Aguilar
Software Developer
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @Mauricio 

May I know if this error is showing by using the Download Version 2.3.1? if yes, you can get the new Download Version 2.3.2 and continue to use the user guide for the manual installation because for the new release this orchestrator component will not be auto-installed.

Previously you mentioning that you only need the video analytics component to be installed. In that case, you can use the customize and download. You can uncheck for this component and proceed to install the package.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @Mauricio 

May I know if this error is showing by using the Download Version 2.3.1? if yes, you can get the new Download Version 2.3.2 and continue to use the user guide for the manual installation because for the new release this orchestrator component will not be auto-installed.

Previously you mentioning that you only need the video analytics component to be installed. In that case, you can use the customize and download. You can uncheck for this component and proceed to install the package.

0 Kudos
Mauricio
Novice
Hi team,

I am writing to tell you that we have already been able to install the EIS, with a custom installation, by disabling the modules:
>Training and Learning Suite (TLS).
>Rotor Bearing Defector Detector.
>Manageability.
>Orchestrator.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.
0 Kudos