Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
404 Discussions

EIS support for Intel Real Sense camera

mvasquez
New Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I wonder if there is any  kind of ingestion support for Intel Real Sense Camera. Looking the demo sample I noticed 3 types of frames are polled at same time (infrared, depth and color).

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/wrappers/python/examples/box_dimensioner_multicam

The type of those frames is: https://intelrealsense.github.io/librealsense/python_docs/_generated/pyrealsense2.frame.html 

On the other hand the type of EIS frame blob is: numpy.ndarray

The question is: how should we integrate this camera if the regular ingestor only process a single type of device?

"ingestor": {
    "pipeline": "/dev/video0",
   "type": "opencv"
}

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
WengWai_C_Intel

@mvasquez 

Thanks for the interest in using Intel Real Sense camera. For the current version of EII, it is supporting common GigE camera, RTSP camera and USB camera. For Real Sense camera with multi-frame support, the upcoming release of EII will include this feature and it is targeting to be available around July'21 timeframe. Hope this information helped. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WengWai_C_Intel

@mvasquez 

Thanks for the interest in using Intel Real Sense camera. For the current version of EII, it is supporting common GigE camera, RTSP camera and USB camera. For Real Sense camera with multi-frame support, the upcoming release of EII will include this feature and it is targeting to be available around July'21 timeframe. Hope this information helped. 

mvasquez
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos