Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
401 Discussions

ERROR - Failed to install Automated_License_Plate_Recognition. tuple index out of range

MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi everyone,

I am trying to implement the following use case on a Ubuntu Machine.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/reference-implementation/automated-license-plate-recognition.html

However, i keep getting this error - Failed to install Automated_License_Plate_Recognition. tuple index out of range.

Ubuntu version - 20.04.4 LTS

Last few lines of the log file-

Wed Aug 03 02:12:53 IST 2022 - ERROR - Failed to install Automated_License_Plate_Recognition. tuple index out of range
Wed Aug 03 02:12:53 IST 2022 - INFO - Updating status in log file for Automated_License_Plate_Recognition as FAILED
Wed Aug 03 02:12:53 IST 2022 - INFO - Successfully updated status in log file for Automated_License_Plate_Recognition
Wed Aug 03 02:12:53 IST 2022 - ERROR - Failed to connect. Please check the Internet connection and proxy settings and retry. HTTPSConnectionPool(host='edgesoftwarehub.intel.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /recipe/6241c176bc27a5002cca6692 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8d51b5e070>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution'))
Wed Aug 03 02:12:53 IST 2022 - ERROR - Failed to get package and modules details.
Wed Aug 03 02:12:53 IST 2022 - ERROR - Failed to send telemetry report to LanternRock cannot import name 'LanternRock' from 'lanternrock' (unknown location)
Wed Aug 03 02:12:54 IST 2022 - INFO - Sending installation report
Wed Aug 03 02:12:54 IST 2022 - ERROR - Failed to connect. Please check the Internet connection and proxy settings and retry. HTTPSConnectionPool(host='edgesoftwarehub.intel.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /analytics (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8d51b5e0a0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution'))
Wed Aug 03 02:12:54 IST 2022 - INFO - Installation of package complete

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

Are you okay with closing this discussion too as you have a working reference implementation per our other discussion?

Solved: Docker configuration manager agent did not finish provisioning in time - Intel Communities

By the way, the original error in this discussion was due to the user not having the correct docker permissions. I ran into the same error and resolved by running the following commands:

groupadd docker

usermod -a -G docker $USER

reboot

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

I am also seeing the same error on a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 system. I have escalated the issue to development team for further investigation. I will let you know what I find out.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hey Jesus,

So i decided to reinstall ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I am now getting the above error during the installation of Automated License Plate Recognition. Did you get a reply back from the dev team?

0 Kudos
SShan_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

Could you try to install with sudo? sudo ./edgesoftware install

Regards,

SShan

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hey Sshan, thanks for your reply. I was able to resolve that error. The next issue i am facing is with the make webui command. After the installation, when i runthe below command, it gives me a makefile error.

saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~/Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase$ make webui EII_BASE= Desktop/LPR/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/IEdgeInsights REPO_FOLDER= Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
# Activate virtual env and Launch WebUI
cd src/webui && source /".uc_virtual_env"/bin/activate && python3 ./server.py
/bin/bash: /.uc_virtual_env/bin/activate: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:101: webui] Error 1

Any pointers on what could be the problem here?

0 Kudos
SShan_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

You are missing / in front of Desktop:

make webui EII_BASE=/Desktop/LPR/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/IEdgeInsights REPO_FOLDER= /Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase

Regards,

SShan

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi Sshan, tried that. Here's the output

saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~/Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase$ make webui EII_BASE=/Desktop/LPR/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/IEdgeInsights REPO_FOLDER= /Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
# Activate virtual env and Launch WebUI
cd src/webui && source /".uc_virtual_env"/bin/activate && python3 ./server.py
/bin/bash: /.uc_virtual_env/bin/activate: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:101: webui] Error 1

0 Kudos
SShan_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

Based on the error, it says the path is not exist. Could you verify it ? make sure you are in directory:

cd /Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase

Then check if this file exist from your end.

$ ls -ld .uc_virtual_env/bin/activate

-rw-r--r-- 1 intel intel 2359 Ogos 5 16:41 .uc_virtual_env/bin/activate

The file should be installed during package installation.

Regards,

SShan

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi Sshan,

Yes i can confirm that i am in that directory. Also ran the command you mentioned in the same directory. Here's the output:

saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~/Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase$ ls -ld .uc_virtual_env/bin/activate
-rw-r--r-- 1 saif saif 2370 Aug 10 16:12 .uc_virtual_env/bin/activate

0 Kudos
SShan_Intel

Hi Saif,

I just notice that the make gui command you are missing a folder name. Could you try if it work? I tested from my end, i dont have issue running make webui command. 

saif@saif-Latitude-7520:~/Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase$ make webui EII_BASE=/Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/IEdgeInsights REPO_FOLDER= /Desktop/LPR/automated_license_plate_recognition/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition_2022.1/Automated_License_Plate_Recognition/EII-LicensePlateRecognition-UseCase

Regards,

SShan

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi SShan, tried that. Still the same error as above

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MohammedSaif,

Are you okay with closing this discussion too as you have a working reference implementation per our other discussion?

Solved: Docker configuration manager agent did not finish provisioning in time - Intel Communities

By the way, the original error in this discussion was due to the user not having the correct docker permissions. I ran into the same error and resolved by running the following commands:

groupadd docker

usermod -a -G docker $USER

reboot

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MohammedSaif
Employee

Hi Jesus,

Thank you for providing a solution to the original error and please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply. And yes, I am okay with closing this discussion.

Best Regards,

Saif

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos