Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
400 Discussions

ESDQ 4.0 is failed on Elkhart Lake platform

Funway
Beginner

Dear sir,

I have installed the ESDQ 4.0 and finished the test. But there are some fail items on test report. I attach the test report. Could you check it and 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Funway,

It looks like you are using Ubuntu 20.04 with Kernel 5.11. According to the documentation, Ubuntu 20.04 is only supported with kernel 5.4 or 5.8 Would it be possible for you to test on one of the supported kernels?

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Funway,

It looks like you are using Ubuntu 20.04 with Kernel 5.11. According to the documentation, Ubuntu 20.04 is only supported with kernel 5.4 or 5.8 Would it be possible for you to test on one of the supported kernels?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Funway
Beginner

Hi Jesus

After installing the ESDQ, It would be updated automatically and the version of kernel is upgraded to 5.11. Would you offer the new version for kernel 5.11?

Best Regards

Funway

0 Kudos
Xiang_Intel

Hi Funway,

ESDQ does not work on Kernel 5.11. Currently, it only supports Kernel 5.8 and 5.4 as mentioned in the documents. 

There are 2 items want to check with you,

1. Does any upgrade command example sudo apt upgrade is performed after setting up the OS? The upgrade command will upgrade the existing kernel to the latest kernel.

2. Can I have the list of kernels installed in the system? You can get the list of kernels installed via sudo dpkg --list | grep linux-image

Regards,

Lim Xiang Yang

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Funway,

I don't recall my kernel being updated automatically after installing ESDQ. Let me check with my peers as I don't currently have access to an Elkhart Lake system to test.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos