Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
403 Discussions

ESDQ for AMR Errors - Kudan-SLAM EOF exception

henry1758f
Beginner

I downloaded and ran the ESDQ-AMR test for our customer's platform, 

Most of the test modules have passed but the Kudan-SLAM on CPU and GPU are failed.

We can see some EOF exceptions happen during the Kudan-SLAM CPU and GPU module,

How to avoid this problem?

The ESDQ for AMR version is amr_robotcomplete_v2022.3.1, on Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS,kernel 5.15.0-60-generic, python 3.8.10

The entire log "testLog.log" is attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi huang__shiuan-chi,

We have identified the issue, while a proper fix is released. Could you please try the following workaround and let me know if the issue is resolved?

First create a new tag for the amr-kudan-slam:2022.3.1 container image.

docker rmi amr-kudan-slam:2022.3
docker tag amr-kudan-slam:2022.3.1 amr-kudan-slam:2022.3
docker images | grep amr-kudan

Then run the esdq tests.

./esdq run -r

JesusE_Intel_0-1683846769657.png

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi henry1758f,

Thanks for reaching out, could you please share the commands used to install and run ESDQ for AMR? I just tested ESDQ for AMR on my fresh Ubuntu20.04 system using the steps in the link below. I was not able to reproduce the error message you are seeing.

Intel® Edge Software Device Qualification (Intel® ESDQ) for EI for AMR

Installed Intel® ESDQ for EI for AMR version 3.0.1 using the steps in the guide above.

Changed Directory

cd ~/Downloads/edge_insights_for_amr/Edge_Insights_for_Autonomous_Mobile_Robots_2022.3.1/esdq

Unzipped the ROS bags

unzip ../AMR_containers/01_docker_sdk_env/docker_compose/06_bags.zip -d ../AMR_containers/01_docker_sdk_env/docker_compose/
sudo chmod 0777 -R ../AMR_containers/01_docker_sdk_env/docker_compose/06_bags

Ran the ESDQ tests

export ROS_DOMAIN_ID=19
./esdq run -r

I also ran into a docker permission issue, if you run into the same. Follow the instructions in the Docker Documentation below.

Linux post-installation steps for Docker Engine

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
henry1758f
Beginner

Hi,

I also follow the same guide to install, the only difference is I install cuda-10.1 manually because the oneAPI script cannot install that.

It seems I run in the same way as you,

I've checked the permission of 06_bags and they are in 0777.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi henry1758f,

Would it be possible to share the latest zip file generated after running esdq?

Here is an example of the zip file name:  esdqReport_2022-03-09_13:22:28.zip

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
henry1758f
Beginner

Hi, Attach the file.

0 Kudos
henry1758f
Beginner

Hi, Any update about this?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi henry1758f,

Apologies for the delay in my response, I was trying to reproduce the issue that you are running into. I found that I am able to reproduce using an 11th gen system with ESDQ for AMR 3.0.1. I have opened a bug with the development team.

I will let you know once I hear more. In the meantime, you could try to use ESDQ for AMR version 3.0.0 as I did not see this issue on the same system.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
huang__shiuan-chi
New Contributor I

I have tried ESDQ for AMR version 3.0.0, there is no Kudan-SLAM error in this version, but it has Fastmapping test module error which did not happen in 3.0.1.

I didn't see the detailed message about this error, could you help with this?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi huang__shiuan-chi,

I'm not seeing any specific errors as to why this test is failing. The test passes when FastMapping is able to create a map out of a pre-recorded ROS 2 bag. Could you please install tree (apt install tree) and share the output of the following command?

cd <install dir>/edge_insights_for_amr/Edge_Insights_for_Autonomous_Mobile_Robots_2022.3

tree -p AMR_containers/01_docker_sdk_env/docker_compose/06_bags/

This is what my output looks like after esdq runs:

JesusE_Intel_1-1679427714086.png

Did you set the correct file permissions for 06_bags directory?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/ei-for-amr/developer-guide/2022-3-1/intel-edge-software-device-qualification-intel.html#RUN-THE-SELF-CERTIFICATION-APPLICATION-FOR-COMPUTE-SYSTEMS

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
huang__shiuan-chi
New Contributor I

Hi,

We didn't see any directory named "06_bags".

We have tried to reinstall the ESDQ and now will have an issue while installing.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Edge-Software-Hub/Module-validation-failed-on-ESDQ-AIBOX-2-5-2-0-AMR-2022-3-1-2022/m-p/1475716#M1702

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi huang__shiuan-chi,

The 06_bags directory is created after unzipping the compressed folder mentioned in the following link.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/ei-for-amr/developer-guide/2022-3-1/intel-edge-software-device-qualification-intel.html#ESDQ-COMPUTE

Did you run these steps?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi huang__shiuan-chi,

We have identified the issue, while a proper fix is released. Could you please try the following workaround and let me know if the issue is resolved?

First create a new tag for the amr-kudan-slam:2022.3.1 container image.

docker rmi amr-kudan-slam:2022.3
docker tag amr-kudan-slam:2022.3.1 amr-kudan-slam:2022.3
docker images | grep amr-kudan

Then run the esdq tests.

./esdq run -r

JesusE_Intel_0-1683846769657.png

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos