Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
397 Discussions

Edge Control for Industrial in VM

EduardoAfonso
Beginner

Hi,

I’m trying to install Edge Control for Industrial in a VM as a Target System (with Ubuntu OS) for a trial. However, I am not sure if it is going to work, because I only saw trial references using industrial computers (no VM). Does anyone know if it works in a VM environment?

I am right now trying to install it, but I am facing the following problem: I can´t build an image using the “setup.sh” file. Did anyone successfully install it?

The attachment has more details about the procedure I am following.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jmouille
Employee

Hi EduardoAfonso,

It looks like you're building an image with "CODESYS Software PLC" feature option enabled. This feature option is enabled by default, but you can easily disable it. 

When you run ``./setup.sh``, you will be presented with a menu that appears similar to below. Disable "CODESYS Software PLC" by unchecking "CODESYS Software PLC" option on this menu before progressing.

jmouille_0-1611698313089.png

This should enable your build to continue.

Note: "CODESYS Software PLC" is a third-party software not provided by Intel, and requires the user to download it from the CODESYS website.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jmouille
Employee

Hi EduardoAfonso,

It looks like you're building an image with "CODESYS Software PLC" feature option enabled. This feature option is enabled by default, but you can easily disable it. 

When you run ``./setup.sh``, you will be presented with a menu that appears similar to below. Disable "CODESYS Software PLC" by unchecking "CODESYS Software PLC" option on this menu before progressing.

jmouille_0-1611698313089.png

This should enable your build to continue.

Note: "CODESYS Software PLC" is a third-party software not provided by Intel, and requires the user to download it from the CODESYS website.

0 Kudos