Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
401 Discussions

Edge Insights for Autonomous Mobile Robots

azarul
Employee

Hi,

From the required hardware I can see that the package is using Intel RealSense D435i.

Do Intel RealSense D435 + Intel RealSense T265 able to substitute it?

We can use Intel RealSense T265 for the odometry.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi azarul,

Thanks for reaching out. As you mentioned, the Edge Insights for Autonomous Mobile Robots requires an Intel RealSense D435i camera as it has an internal IMU for tracking. Using an Intel RealSense D435 + Intel RealSense T265 may not be a good substitute as it will require extensive code changes to handle the image/depth data from one camera and the tracking data from the second camera.

Support for the T265 is very limited as this product is discontinued. Refer to the existing T265 documentation if you run into any issues using the T265.

Additionally, the tracking and depth example demonstrates how to use the D435 and T265 together to display a 3D pointcloud.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi azarul,

Thanks for reaching out. As you mentioned, the Edge Insights for Autonomous Mobile Robots requires an Intel RealSense D435i camera as it has an internal IMU for tracking. Using an Intel RealSense D435 + Intel RealSense T265 may not be a good substitute as it will require extensive code changes to handle the image/depth data from one camera and the tracking data from the second camera.

Support for the T265 is very limited as this product is discontinued. Refer to the existing T265 documentation if you run into any issues using the T265.

Additionally, the tracking and depth example demonstrates how to use the D435 and T265 together to display a 3D pointcloud.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
azarul
Employee

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Azarul

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Any time! If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos