Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
404 Discussions

Edge Insights for Retails Install Failed

Craig_S_Intel
Employee

System 

Memory: 7.6G

Processor: 10th gen i5

Storage: 125.9G

I successfully installed the edge tools about a week ago but had to reimage my system due to unrelated errors. I now have  fresh install of Ubuntu but some of the software will not install properly

Docker: Success

Docker Compose: Success

Video Analytics: Failed

EdgeX Foundry: Success

Real Time Sensor Fusion: Failed

I'm not sure if this matters but I have been using the same product code as my initial install because redownloading the zip file from the ESH does not send me another email / product key.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nadia_J_Intel

Issue is resolved.

Issue was due to hash sum mismatch for Ubuntu site. It was resolved after OS had been re-installed. Retail recipe was installed successfully.

Craig's previous error log for reference has been attached together. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi Craig, 

It should not be a problem even if you're using the same product key and yes, currently only one product key is produced for each email. So, you won't be getting a new one even if you re-downloaded the zip file. 

The current requirement for the Target System

• One of the following processors:
    • 6th, 7th, or 8th generation Intel® Intel Core™ Core processor.
    • 6th, 7th, or 8th generationIntel® Intel Xeon® Xeon processor.
    • Intel® Intel Pentium® Pentium processor N4200/5, N3350/5, N3450/5 with Intel® Intel HD Graphic
  • At least 16 GB RAM.
  • At least 64 GB hard drive.
  • An Internet connection.
  • Ubuntu* 18.04.3 LTS

But since you managed to install it previously, it should work the second time as well. Can you share the install.log zip files for the failed components ? You can find the log in this directory: 
$ cd /var/log/esb-cli/Edge_Insights_for_Vision_2019.3

Once you're in the directory, you can see all the folder for each components. You can also try to re-install and see if the failure is consistent or not. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Nadia_J_Intel

Issue is resolved.

Issue was due to hash sum mismatch for Ubuntu site. It was resolved after OS had been re-installed. Retail recipe was installed successfully.

Craig's previous error log for reference has been attached together. 

0 Kudos