Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
400 Discussions

Error when try to run provision command

jruggieri
Novice

Hi! I just installed EIS Framework and when trying to follow these steps I am getting an error.

STEPS
1) On a Console Terminal, go to "edge_insights_industrial>Edge_Insights_for_Industrial_X.X.X>IEdgeInsights>build":- Run the builder: python3 eis_builder.py
2) Provision new configuration:
cd provision/
sudo systemctl restart docker.service
sudo ./provision_eis.sh ../docker-compose.yml 

After that I'm getting this:

[Warning] One or more build-args [EIS_UID] were not consumed
Successfully built 3005ae73e4b9
Successfully tagged ia_etcd_provision:2.3
Creating ia_etcd ... error

ERROR: for ia_etcd Cannot create container for service ia_etcd: failed to mount local volume: mount /opt/intel/eis/data/etcd/:/var/snap/docker/common/var-lib-docker/volumes/edgeinsightssoftware_vol_etcd/_data, flags: 0x1000: no such file or directory

ERROR: for ia_etcd Cannot create container for service ia_etcd: failed to mount local volume: mount /opt/intel/eis/data/etcd/:/var/snap/docker/common/var-lib-docker/volumes/edgeinsightssoftware_vol_etcd/_data, flags: 0x1000: no such file or directory
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Does anyone knows what is happening and how can I resolve it? 
I already reboot the machine several times but is still failing.

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jruggieri
Novice

Hi!... I re-install Ubuntu in my laptop and that did the trick.

This can be closed.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Murni_J_Intel

Hi

May I know in this case you are using the video analytics or time-series use case?

may I know if you are successfully builing EII on the first build? it will be great if you can provide me logs of your ./edgesoftware list to see if the component is being sucessfully installed

0 Kudos
jruggieri
Novice

Hi!

I'm using a custom package (version 2.3.4) with only the essential things. 

EII is installed ok as you can see in the screenshot attached.

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi, 

Can you help to give me some understanding of what is the step that currently you are trying to do? EII already being installed successfully and why you are trying to run the provisioning step again? Can you list to me the folder contain inside the IEdgeInsights directory?

0 Kudos
jruggieri
Novice

Hi!... I re-install Ubuntu in my laptop and that did the trick.

This can be closed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos