Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
394 Discussions

[INTEL][Edge Insights for Vision] Install fail with the latest version 21.3

RWu
New Contributor I

When installing the latest version 21.3, the module " edgex foundry" is always install failed. The error as below: 

nstalling edgex_foundry

Installing EdgeX. This step may take approximately 5 mins.

Installing EdgeX                                   [.................................                 ]  66%  00:00:00

Error:Failed to build docker image

Failed command:sudo -E docker-compose pull

Failed to install edgex_foundry took 2.14 seconds

Is anyone can help?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi RWu,

I just installed Edge Insights for Vision 2021.3 release without any issues. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi RWu,

Thanks for reaching out, could you please provide additional information.

• What OS are you using?
  • Is your system using a proxy?
  • Does the system have a fresh OS install?

Also, please share the installation log file for edgex. You can find the log file at the following location:

/var/log/esb-cli/Edge_Insights_for_Vision_2021.3/edgex_foundry

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
RWu
New Contributor I

Hi Jesus

• What OS are you using?   : Ubuntu 18.04.5
  • Is your system using a proxy? : No
  • Does the system have a fresh OS install? : Yes 

And the file "install.log" in the path "/var/log/esb-cli/Edge_Insights_for_Vision_2021.3/edgex_foundry" is in attachment.

0 Kudos
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi Richard, 

We can observe this issue as well and has escalated this to our engineering team to check. We will get back to you once we found a way to solve this issue. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RWu
New Contributor I

Hi Nadia, 

Thanks for forwarding this problem. Is any workaround or update about this installing fail ? We are trying to test the latest version  on our environments.

Regard,

0 Kudos
KunyangF
Beginner

Hi Jesus, 

We have the same problem when installing 2021.3 version, and have the same installing error log in the attachment.  

Regard, 

Kunyang

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Kunyang,

Apologies for the inconvenience, Nadia has escalated the issue to the engineering team.

We will update this thread as soon as we have an update.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi RWu,

I just installed Edge Insights for Vision 2021.3 release without any issues. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos