Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
397 Discussions

Installing EIS failed to download manageability

LukasH
Novice

I wanted to install EIS on a new machine today, however the install failed, since the manageability module could not be downloaded, it reads

failed to download module manageability. status 401 unauthorized

Is there anything wrong with my license or is this a new problem in the installer? I know for sure that it worked yesterday, with the same license key, ubuntu image and network.

With kind regards

Lukas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @LukasH ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Over the last weekend, the system owner identified an issue with the hosting server and it is now fixed. Kindly rerun the installation of the Manageability component and it should be able to download now.

thanks! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @LukasH ,

Are you having the same download issue if retry the installation? Or, can you try with the command below to use the CLI to trigger the download again?

./edgesoftware update 5ef2eb18fa5828002aa646dc

Please share the update after try the above. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LukasH
Novice

I have tried all the steps you recommended, i also tried it with a new os install, the error persists.

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @LukasH ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Over the last weekend, the system owner identified an issue with the hosting server and it is now fixed. Kindly rerun the installation of the Manageability component and it should be able to download now.

thanks! 

LukasH
Novice

Thank you for the update,

I have tried to install the software in version 2.3.0 again, however this did not end up working and threw more weird errors, the manageability module works fine now, however the eis install itself does not install anymore (some of the conda packages did not download). ( I had to reset the system again, since the uninstall also failed). I now tried the 2.2.1 installer, which worked.  The errors seemed similar to this post:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Edge-Software-Hub/eis-installer-failed/m-p/1205883#M205

With kind Regards 

LukasH

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @LukasH 

Sorry for the inconvenient caused, the team is currently working on fixing the issue here, and there will be a hotfix released by this week.  It will be best if you can try again next week because Monday to see if the issue still persists.

Thanks.

0 Kudos