Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
404 Discussions

Installing Edge insight using the WSL.

JackyHoang
Employee

I'm trying to install edge insight on Ubuntu WSL but fail on early deploy Chmod command. 

Any specific instruction that help me on that one.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi JackyHoang,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you are trying to install Edge Insights for Industrial in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Unfortunately, this software package has not been validated to run on WSL. So, you may run into unforeseen issues. I recommend using a system running Ubuntu 20.04 natively. Please take a look at the system requirements.

That being said, the issue you are running into can be addressed by unmounting the drvfs and remounting it with the metadata flag. Use the following commands from your WSL command line.

sudo umount /mnt/c
sudo mount -t drvfs C: /mnt/c -o metadata

Ref: Chmod/Chown WSL Improvements - Windows Command Line (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JackyHoang
Employee

Thank Jesus for the feedback!

I'm Intel employee and I want to find some solution for Data Streaming which deployed by Intel Edge Insight. (Data mainly focus on tool log file with .txt extension. Could you give some advise before I'm going to drill down to this Intel Edge Insight.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi JackyHoang,

I have sent you an email, please check your inbox. I will proceed to close this discussion. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos