Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
394 Discussions

[Intel][Edge Software Configurator] Installing failed for the component edge_software_configurator

RWu
New Contributor I

Hi all, 

I am trying to install the latest "Edge Software Configurator" with version 21.2 in the local device. 

But it is always fail with error log as below.  The total logs are compressed in the attachment "

install_fail_log.tar.gz". Is anything I was miss 

```

ERROR: Some components of Edge Software Configurator failed to start successfully: rni_smb_1

Mon Jul 12 10:34:44 IST 2021 - ERROR - Failed to install Edge_Software_Configurator took 38 minutes 54.99 second

```

Thanks, 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RWu
New Contributor I

Hi Nadia, 

It is work. After closing samba service (port 445) and re-install. The  Edge Software Configurator can word. 

Best regard, 

Kunyang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi, 

May I know if you install the latest version of ESC from this link ?  https://software.intel.com/iot/edgesoftwarehub/download/home/edge_software_configurator

Does the version 21.2 mentioned above is the same version as the link that I provided here ?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RWu
New Contributor I

Hi Nadia, 

Yes, it is. The version name is popup  in the below message when installing

ESB CLI version: 2021.2
Target OS: Ubuntu 18.04

Best regard, 

Kunyang

0 Kudos
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi Kunyang,

If you reboot the system and re-initiate the ESC installation, does the issue still the same ?

0 Kudos
RWu
New Contributor I

Hi Nadia, 

Thanks for your reply.  It is still fail even reboot the device. And I check out the log as below, it seems something was missed. 

Wed Jul 14 10:13:28 IST 2021 - ERROR - Following components not found: rni_smb_1
Wed Jul 14 10:13:28 IST 2021 - ERROR - Some components of Edge Software Configurator failed to start successfully: rni_smb_1
Wed Jul 14 10:13:28 IST 2021 - ERROR - Setup Failed

0 Kudos
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi Kunyang, 

We're looking on this matter. Will update on this once we found the solution. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi Kunyang, 

May I know if the ESC is being installed on fresh Ubuntu system ? If not, please check if either the port 445 is already being used by running this command: $sudo netstat -plnt

If something else is using this port, this could be the cause of failing installation due to rni. You can try to reinstall the ESC to a freshly installed ubuntu. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RWu
New Contributor I

Hi Nadia, 

It is work. After closing samba service (port 445) and re-install. The  Edge Software Configurator can word. 

Best regard, 

Kunyang

0 Kudos