Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
394 Discussions

Is the "Rotor Bearing Defect Detector" of EIS for industrial brocken ?

J-N-ch
Novice

Hi, since last time I posted this question.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Edge-Software-Hub/Did-quot-Edge-Insights-for-Industrial-2-2-1-quot-supports-10th/m-p/1199922#M160

I have try to use a 8th generation i5 coffee lake CPU instead, with 2.2.0 instead of 2.2.1 EIS for industrial.

However, The exact same problem still happened.

Screenshot from 2020-08-14 19-01-40.png

This time however, by viewing the error log and search along with some key-words online, the following link is similar to my problem.

https://github.com/ska-sa/montblanc/issues/270

The following graph shows the issue I met from viewing the log.

Screenshot from 2020-08-14 19-00-36.png

So, I have start to wander why I can install OpenVINO successfully  on my computer, while installing OpenVINO in this docker image-building process might crash?

Possible problems with TF ?

Hint: We all encounters this issue below

"  AttributeError: 'Extension' object has no attribute '_needs_stub'  "

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @J-N-ch ,

There are some open source packages updated and being pulled for this installation, however those latest packages broke the installation. There will be a fix put in place before end of next week. Kindly try with the new installation package for this Rotor Bearing Defect Detector next week. Sorry for any inconvenience cause. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @J-N-ch ,

There are some open source packages updated and being pulled for this installation, however those latest packages broke the installation. There will be a fix put in place before end of next week. Kindly try with the new installation package for this Rotor Bearing Defect Detector next week. Sorry for any inconvenience cause. 

J-N-ch
Novice

Thank you for the information replied. 

I will try to re install , and hope the bug will be fixed soon, thanks again. 

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @J-N-ch ,

The updated installer is now available for EIS for Industrial v2.2.1 and also we have a new version of v2.3 has been released as well. Feel free to try it.

Thanks!

J-N-ch
Novice

Thanks a lot for the new release. 

All default module installations are successful now. 

Screenshot from 2020-08-24 11-28-05.png

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @J-N-ch ,

This is great. Glad that you're able to successfully set it up now.

0 Kudos
LukasH
Novice

Thank you for the update.

I tried the installation now with the new installer, and it appears to have worked, however i can not find the folders referenced in the Rotor Bearing Demo Documentation for the 2.3 version. Apparently the Rotor Bearing Defect Detector module was not installed, but I am unable to find an example of how the yml needs to be structured to install any further module.

edit:

For anyone who runs into the same problem:

Apparently installing EIS version 2.3.0 with

"default_use_case: 'time-series'"

does not install the Rotor bearing defect detector demo. Also the 2.3.0 installer does not appear to offer this option elsewhere during the initial setup (which the 2.2.1 installer did). After the setup has completed this can be done with

./edgesoftware update [id of demo]

@WengWai_C_Intel maybe the documentation for the  Rotor bearing defect detector Demo  could be updated to include this information.

With kind regards

Lukas

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

Hi @LukasH ,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I will definitely bring this back to the web portal owner and make necessary update. 

0 Kudos