Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.

Issue with Ia_visualizer

Jacky_Gupta
Beginner

Hi 

I have downloaded EIS_2.3.2 successfully. But when i run PCB demo i get issue related to tkinter, due to which visualizer fails.

Everything was working for me in EIS_2.2.1 and EIS_2.3.1.

I have also run "xhost +" command  several times. Pasted failure snippets below.

Also attached snapshot of Successfully download of EIS_2.3.2 ,creation of all the containers, and logs of entire container. 

**************************************************************************************************************

ia_tls_remoteagent | Traceback (most recent call last):
ia_tls_remoteagent | File "tls_remote_agent.py", line 626, in <module>
ia_tls_remoteagent | main()
ia_tls_remoteagent | File "tls_remote_agent.py", line 545, in main
ia_tls_remoteagent | window = Tk()
ia_tls_remoteagent | File "/usr/lib/python3.6/tkinter/__init__.py", line 2023, in __init__
ia_tls_remoteagent | self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className, interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)
ia_tls_remoteagent | _tkinter.TclError: couldn't connect to display ":0"
ia_visualizer exited with code 1

**************************************************************************************************************

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @Jacky_Gupta 

Based on the screenshot of the log that has been attached, I assume that this machine already connected to the display.  Few things that you can try as below. 

1. Reboot the machine and run xhost + command again. 

2. Reboot the machine, go to the [EII_WORK_DIR]/build, issue $ docker-compose down command. After all the container is being stopped, run the $ xhost + command and run $ docker-compose up -d to bring up the container again. 

let me know if the issue is still persist. 

0 Kudos
Jacky_Gupta
Beginner

Hi @Murni_J_Intel ,

Thanks for your reply.But i had already rebooted the machine ran provisioning,rebuild the entire EIS using

"./provision_eis.sh ../docker-compose.yml
docker-compose up --build -d".

Did "$ docker-compose down/up."

Even reinstalled entire four times before posting this issue.In all this several attempts i was facing the same issue.

0 Kudos
Jia-Shing_W_Intel

If you do "echo $DISPLAY", what do you get? If it's different from ":0", try to change the DISPLAY environmental variable in the docker-compose.yml file, and this should fix your problem.

ia_visualizer:
[removed]...
   environment:
      AppName: "Visualizer"
      DISPLAY: ${DISPLAY}

0 Kudos