Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
394 Discussions

Modules not running in orchestrator

Smrithi
New Contributor I

After submitting the csl-app_spec.json in csl manager dashboard for running the pcb demo, the modules are shown as pending and they donot run. I have registered all the modules and module_spec files required. I have edited the environment files in csl client machine also since I am running it behind corporate proxy. Kindly help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
WengWai_C_Intel

@Smrithi 

Please help to provide log info so we can see the first cut error that lead to potential setup issue. Also, if this is a new setup system, please ensure all the CLS server, CSL mgr and CSL client node IP has been added into the "no_proxy" configuration. 

0 Kudos
Smrithi
New Contributor I

I am unable to view error logs in both UI and terminal. The docker container id keeps on changing and when I do docker logs it says no such container. I have attached the SS of it. I am not sure where the problem lies.

0 Kudos
Smrithi
New Contributor I

I have also added csl manager ip, virtual ip and csl client ip in no_proxy of the .env file inside build and provision folders of csl client. 

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

@Smrithi 

If you refer to the setup guide, there are two different .env files for configuration.

a) The 1st .env file is in the  IEdgeInsights/build/provision/  directory where it is not required to modify the eis_no_proxy parameter and just stay as it is, see below screenshot:

env.JPG

b) The 2nd .env file in the IEdgeInsights/build/ directory, this is where you can include all the system IP and virtual IP, as what you have done per your screenshot.

In this case, you will need to revert the 1st .env file in IEdgeInsights/build/provision/ directory for the eis_no_proxy parameter back to the default setting and rerun the provisioning steps for the CSL client node again. All the above setup steps are listed as part of the " EII Master Node Provisioning in Castle Lake Client Node" section for your reference.

0 Kudos
Smrithi
New Contributor I

I have edited the .env file in IEdgeInsights/build/provision/  directory and reverted back to the default setting and rerun the provisioning steps for the CSL client node again. The provisioning was successful, but when I tried to deploy csl_app_spec.json in UI dashboard still the module status is shown as pending. When I tried to access the logs of any module I am getting shutting down, got signal: Terminated in the terminal. I have attached the SS of it also. 

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

@Smrithi 

I'd suggest you to clean up the docker images and module spec files in SMR, then rerun the CSL master node setup by following the " Edge Insight Industrial (EII) Master Node Setup" section to create new csl_app_spec file, module_spec files and docker images. Follow by SMR registration and master node provisioning setup.

Also, if the intention is to just get the video analytics use case running, it is optionally to simplify the setup by removing non-mandatory components for now like FactoryControlApp,  RestExport, influxDBConnector, ImageStore and OpcuaExport. To do this, you can temporary simply move these few folders out from the IEdgeInsights directory prior running the  "python3 eis_builder.py" command to build the csl_app_spec and module_specs files. You can always add these components by moving the folders back to the original directory and generate the new csl_app_spec and module_spec files, whenever needed later.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Smrithi
New Contributor I

I did as suggested and cleaned up the docker images and module spec files in SMR, then rerun the CSL master node setup to create new csl_app_spec file, module_spec files and docker images. Followed by SMR registration and master node provisioning setup. I even simplified the setup by removing unnecessary components. But I am still getting the same issue as I was getting previously and I am still unable to view the logs, both in terminal and UI dashboard. The modules deployed are always shown as pending and never run. I have attached the SS also.

0 Kudos
WengWai_C_Intel

@Smrithi 

Based on the investigation, it is now addressed by updating the network port configuration that being used by the CSL server and CSL client node. We will be updating the setup guide to include the ports required so user can configure the network ports that have restriction access and make them available prior the start of CSL setup.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos