Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
394 Discussions

Real-time Sensor Fusion for Loss Detection Reference Implementation: ""configuration provider is no"

Markus_B_Intel
Employee

After installing "Real-time Sensor Fusion for Loss Detection Reference Implementation" by following "https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/real-time-sensor-fusion-for-loss-detection.html".

Installation went fine (except "GO", which wasn't found, wasn't installed, so needed to be installed separately first), the application(s) could be built, the application(s) started.

However, in step "Step 4: Simulate Data", the logs via "docker logs -f event-reconciler" shows:

app=EventReconciler source=config.go:167 msg="Using Configuration provider (consul) from: http://edgex-core-consul:8500 with base path of edgex/appservices/1.0/EventReconciler"

app=EventReconciler source=config.go:134 msg="configuration provider is not available"

(repeated 30 seconds)

app=EventReconciler source=logger.go:74 msg="logTarget cannot be blank, using stdout only"

app=EventReconciler source=registry.go:79 msg="Using Registry (consul) from http://edgex-core-consul:8500"

app=EventReconciler source=bootstrap.go:43 msg="unable to register with Registry in allotted time"

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong?

(I'm in corporate network behind a network-proxy) (having proxies and DNS configured for Docker)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi Markus, 

Can you follow these steps and see if you still observe the same issue ? 

Nadia_J_Intel_0-1617088556710.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi, 

May I know if you are using this on Ubuntu 18.04 or Ubuntu 20.04 ?

0 Kudos
Markus_B_Intel
Employee

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS.

I had Docker and Docker-Compose installed before, only GO was missing.

Everything else (build the applications, build the containers, run the containers) look good from console output.

But the logs "docker logs -f event-reconciler" show a problem with the event-reconciler.

Maybe a network-proxy issue, a firewall issue?

Is there anything to check?

I haven't continued with the description like installing "Postman".

0 Kudos
Nadia_J_Intel

Hi Markus, 

Can you follow these steps and see if you still observe the same issue ? 

Nadia_J_Intel_0-1617088556710.png

0 Kudos
Markus_B_Intel
Employee

Thank you very much for your response - I can confirm, by renaming/deleting the existing Docker-config file (and letting Docker create a new one), the log-messages show the service being initialized successfully!

0 Kudos