Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.

VM for ESH

MegaTseng
Beginner

I would like to run ESH case study on VM.

Is there any suggested VM that can support all iGPU, VPU passthrough so it can recognize my intel hardware when running OpenVINO and all the required applications?

Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi MegaTseng,

It's recommended to install the ESH software packages or use case reference implementations on a physical system running the required OS. However, there are certain reference implementations that should work in a Virtual Machine, for example Universal Wellpad Controller. I recommend looking at each software package or reference implantation for system requirements.

Using OpenVINO in a virtual machine may be possible with CPU as a target device but VPUs and iGPU has not been validated.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi MegaTseng,

It's recommended to install the ESH software packages or use case reference implementations on a physical system running the required OS. However, there are certain reference implementations that should work in a Virtual Machine, for example Universal Wellpad Controller. I recommend looking at each software package or reference implantation for system requirements.

Using OpenVINO in a virtual machine may be possible with CPU as a target device but VPUs and iGPU has not been validated.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos