Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Employee

Wifi disconnects with Edge Insights for vision software

After installing Edge insights for vision software after sometime the wifi stops working. After restarting it is back up but after sometime again it stops working. Without the EIS software there are no issues with the wifi network.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Preethi,

Are you able to provide the hardware info that you are using and the log from ./edgesoftware log? There is no depedency of WIFI on Edge Insights for Vision, so we are not able to reproduce the same issue here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi ChunSheong_F_Intel,

Basic Hardware Info:
RAM: 16GB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz × 4
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
Disk: 500GB

There is nothing much in the logs at least nothing related to the network disconnection, the last logs are few days old and are related to installation stuff. My team mates have LAN connection and they don't see this issue but currently I just have access to WiFi and see issue using this software with WiFi.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Preethi,

Are you using a WiFI dongle or a on-board PCI-E WiFi module? Did the issue happen after installation or when you are running one of the tutorials? We just did a stress test on Intel NUC 8 Home NUC8i3CYSM and we were able to install the software packages over WiFi and have been running the tutorial without any issue. The WiFI stay connected throughout the installation as well as during tutorial runtime. As mentioned, since there is no dependencies of WiFi, can you verify on other hardware that is also connected on WiFi?

0 Kudos