Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
401 Discussions

Wifi disconnects with Edge Insights for vision software

Preethi_Satish
Employee

After installing Edge insights for vision software after sometime the wifi stops working. After restarting it is back up but after sometime again it stops working. Without the EIS software there are no issues with the wifi network.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ChunSheong_F_Intel

Hi Preethi,

Are you able to provide the hardware info that you are using and the log from ./edgesoftware log? There is no depedency of WIFI on Edge Insights for Vision, so we are not able to reproduce the same issue here.

0 Kudos
Preethi_Satish
Employee

Hi ChunSheong_F_Intel,

Basic Hardware Info:
RAM: 16GB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz × 4
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
Disk: 500GB

There is nothing much in the logs at least nothing related to the network disconnection, the last logs are few days old and are related to installation stuff. My team mates have LAN connection and they don't see this issue but currently I just have access to WiFi and see issue using this software with WiFi.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ChunSheong_F_Intel

Hi Preethi,

Are you using a WiFI dongle or a on-board PCI-E WiFi module? Did the issue happen after installation or when you are running one of the tutorials? We just did a stress test on Intel NUC 8 Home NUC8i3CYSM and we were able to install the software packages over WiFi and have been running the tutorial without any issue. The WiFI stay connected throughout the installation as well as during tutorial runtime. As mentioned, since there is no dependencies of WiFi, can you verify on other hardware that is also connected on WiFi?

0 Kudos
Preethi_Satish
Employee

Hi ChunSheong_F_Intel,

Sorry for responding late, was on vacation. My machine has on-board PCI-E WIFI module. I observed the issue after the installation and also during tutorials. I also tested on i7 system (not NUC) and same issue. But I also tested recently with LAN connection and everything works good. So I am trying to work on getting a LAN connection to the place that I am currently working from. For some reason with WIFI Edge insights for vision was always an issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChunSheong_F_Intel

Hi Preethi,

Are you able to attach the dmesg log of your system?

0 Kudos
Preethi_Satish
Employee

I will try to get those logs. Is there some debug option to see more logs of edge insights software? The command "./edgesoftware log" does not give much information.

0 Kudos
Preethi_Satish
Employee

I observed the dmesg logs and found issue (written below) whenever Edge insights software is installed. Once uninstalled I don't this message anymore in the logs. After installing the software after sometime start seeing this message in the dmesg logs during which the WIFI disconnects and cannot connect back until restart and then the same process keeps on happening until I uninstall edge insights software. Once uninstalled immediately the WIFI starts working without any issues. Let me know if you want to see more logs.

[10067.088537] perf: interrupt took too long (2531 > 2500), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 79000
[11964.203731] wlp1s0: deauthenticated from c4:41:1e:65:43:b7 (Reason: 2=PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ChunSheong_F_Intel

Hi Preethi,

We just did a 4 hours stress test (installation and running the tutorial for 4 hours straight) on our NUC10i7 with WIFI connected but we did not experience the same problem; can you try other access point to see if the problem is due to access point?

0 Kudos