Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
401 Discussions

converged_edge_insights uninstall hangs and installation fails

RaviKira
Beginner

Hi,

I was trying to re-install the OpenNESS and other converged edge insights software. I am using 20.12 version. 

OpenNESS and others were earlier installed earlier and worked. 

Uninstall is hanging for 2 hours. 

When I cancelled it and tried to install again, it is failing too. 

Uninstall output: 

[root@opennss-server converged_edge_insights]# ./edgesoftware uninstall -a
Components to be uninstalled are :['Reference_Implementation__Wireless_NetworkReady_Intelligent_Traffic_Management', 'AWS_IoT_Greengrass_Core', 'Sample_OpenVINO_Application_for_OpenNESS', 'Intel_Distribution_of_OpenVINO_toolkit_2021_2_in_a_Container', 'Docker_Community_Edition_CE', 'OpenNESS']
Uninstalling Reference_Implementation__Wireless_NetworkReady_Intelligent_Traffic_Management
Module does not support uninstall
Uninstalling AWS_IoT_Greengrass_Core
Uninstalling Sample_OpenVINO_Application_for_OpenNESS
Uninstalling Intel_Distribution_of_OpenVINO_toolkit_2021_2_in_a_Container
Removing Docker Image [................................. ] 66% 00:00:01ERROR: Failed to remove the following image openvino/ubuntu18_runtime:2021.2
Removing Docker Image [..................................................] 100%
Failed to uninstall Intel_Distribution_of_OpenVINO_toolkit_2021_2_in_a_Container took 2.07 seconds
Uninstalling Docker_Community_Edition_CE
Uninstalling OpenNESS
Found previous configuration:
Uninstalling Controller Node: 10.54.9.189 [----------------------> ]
^C
Setup aborted by user
Failed to uninstall OpenNESS took 2 hour 2.00 minutes
Uninstall Finished
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------------+

Later I tried to Install, it fails too. 

'Intel_Distribution_of_OpenVINO_toolkit_2021_2_in_a_Container', 'Sample_OpenVINO_Application_for_OpenNESS', 'AWS_IoT_Greengrass_Core', 'Reference_Implementation__Wireless_NetworkReady_Intelligent_Traffic_Management']
Thu May 27 03:40:10 IST 2021 - INFO - Imported module for OpenNESS is <module 'esb_install' from '/root/converged_edge_insights/Converged_Edge_Insights_20.12/OpenNESS/esb_install.so'>
Thu May 27 03:40:10 IST 2021 - ERROR - Failed to verify the installation status of the component due to error Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
Thu May 27 03:40:10 IST 2021 - INFO - Installing OpenNESS
Thu May 27 03:54:05 IST 2021 - ERROR - Failed to install OpenNESS took 13 minutes 55.48 seconds
Thu May 27 03:54:05 IST 2021 - INFO - Successfully updated status in log file for OpenNESS

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi,

I apologize for not responding sooner. Are you still facing errors with installation?

if so, can you please share the specs of the system you are trying to install on?

Sincerely,

Sahira

0 Kudos
RaviKira
Beginner

Hi,

Can't say it is solved. After 2 days, I have re-installed the host OS completely and re-installed OpenNESS. If the problem repeats, I will update the thread. 

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos