Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
394 Discussions

when i enter automation run run.sh i get grpc etcd3 connectionFailedError

fa2233
New Contributor I

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "classifier_startup.py", line 204, in <module>
config_client = cfg_mgr.get_config_client("etcd", conf)
File "/EIS/libs/ConfigManager/python/config_manager.py", line 39, in get_config_client
return EtcdCli(config)
File "/EIS/libs/ConfigManager/python/etcd/etcd_client.py", line 67, in __init__
self._setEnv()
File "/EIS/libs/ConfigManager/python/etcd/etcd_client.py", line 71, in _setEnv
value = self.etcd.get("/GlobalEnv/")
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/etcd3-0.10.0-py3.6.egg/etcd3/client.py", line 285, in get
range_response = self.get_response(key, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/etcd3-0.10.0-py3.6.egg/etcd3/client.py", line 48, in handler
_translate_exception(exc)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/etcd3-0.10.0-py3.6.egg/etcd3/client.py", line 32, in _translate_exception
raise exception
etcd3.exceptions.ConnectionFailedError
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/etcd3-0.10.0-py3.6.egg/etcd3/client.py", line 46, in handler
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/etcd3-0.10.0-py3.6.egg/etcd3/client.py", line 263, in get_response
metadata=self.metadata
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/grpcio-1.31.0rc1-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/grpc/_channel.py", line 826, in __call__
return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, None)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/grpcio-1.31.0rc1-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/grpc/_channel.py", line 729, in _end_unary_response_blocking
raise _InactiveRpcError(state)
grpc._channel._InactiveRpcError: <_InactiveRpcError of RPC that terminated with:
status = StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE
details = "failed to connect to all addresses"
debug_error_string = "{"created":"@1595759187.224109373","description":"Failed to pick subchannel","file":"src/core/ext/filters/client_channel/client_channel.cc","file_line":4089,"referenced_errors":[{"created":"@1595759187.224107472","description":"failed to connect to all addresses","file":"src/core/ext/filters/client_channel/lb_policy/pick_first/pick_first.cc","file_line":393,"grpc_status":14}]}"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
fa2233
New Contributor I

i get my fail , i run automation with no chang run.sh    run both modules pcb and time-series-analysis, 

it will show disconnected for time-series-analysis

0 Kudos
fa2233
New Contributor I

still fail  i re-install EIS set the development mode  fail at  waiting for containers to be up and healthy, ia_telegraf container get error log like above error log

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @fa2233 

Can you help to try the solution that has been provided in the EIS running Automation tool post? 

there is a step provided that you need to copy the docker-compose.yml file for both PCB and time series analysis. 

In the readme file, it is mentioned that If you run the automation for both modules video-streaming and time-series-analysis, the demo will be displayed for video-streaming then exits while doing setup for time-series-analysis module. 

do let me know if the problem still persists after you follow the step at EIS running Automation tool post. 

fa2233
New Contributor I

ia_video_ingestion container is up and healthy.
ERROR: ia_video_analytics Container is not Up even after 15 minutes,so please check 'docker ps'on the device, Exiting.
**Note**: Use cmd: 'docker logs -f <<container-name>>' find out the reason for container failure.
+++ ia_visualizer setup completed successfully +++

0 Kudos
fa2233
New Contributor I

how to solve this     i try 3 times  ./run.sh        get this error message

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @fa2233 

can you list me the step that you did in order to get this error?

have you changed the docker-compose file?

0 Kudos
fa2233
New Contributor I

i just comment the secrets sections , and copy  to pcb floder

how to set DEV_MODE true ,i remove all images  re-install EIS choose development , when installion finish it display disconnect windows,the DEV_MODE = true .  i use command  "docker-compose  down" stop this . but when i enter automation floder run "sudo ./run.sh" ,the DEV_MODE change to false ,i get two kind error   pcd demo  have an error , time-series analysis display two terminal show time-series data .the output floder only have an empty testlog.log file.

ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_visualizer image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
cleanup function doesn't exist
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_video_analytics image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_video_ingestion image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_eisbase image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_openvino_base image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_etcd_ui image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_common image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_etcd_provision image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.
ERROR : (Error Code: 1) ia_etcd image does not exist on host machine. Please check with docker images.

2 the pcb demo don't display  the time-series-analysis display .

pcb error : ia_video_analytics Container is not Up even after 15 minutes,

time-series-analysis error: ia_data_analytics container is not up even for 15 minutes.

Screenshot from 2020-07-28 15-37-49.png

when i try to see the logs file  it show me no_such_container

0 Kudos
fa2233
New Contributor I

two logs

0 Kudos
fa2233
New Contributor I

i get this log during  EIS installation finish . the display show disconnect

0 Kudos
Jia-Shing_W_Intel

I would encourage you to start the EIS services you had set up directly from the docker_setup directory by running "docker-compose up -d". If you look at the installer/automation/src, you can find that when you run automation testing, it actually runs canned test setups from there, regardless of the actual configurations you had used to build your Docker images. For example, you might have built the images with all security features disabled, but the default docker-compose.yml files there have the secrets section enabled. The other thing is, if you made your own customization changes in the docker-compose file, they are lost too. 

By starting EIS from the docker_setup directory, it's a lot more cleaner and expected, and it's how you will want to develop your code, package it, and ship to your customers.

0 Kudos